To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Smilies in SMS?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    42
    Member #
    1191

    Cool Smilies in SMS?

    Forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

    I have seen some people who have smilies/thumbs up/etc in their SMS texts. I was just wondering how they did that. (I don't know them personally to ask. I have just seen it on screen shots here and there.)
    Any help would be great.
    Thank you!



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    2,736
    Member #
    317
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TungstenGT View Post
    Forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

    I have seen some people who have smilies/thumbs up/etc in their SMS texts. I was just wondering how they did that. (I don't know them personally to ask. I have just seen it on screen shots here and there.)
    Any help would be great.
    Thank you!
    Just search emoji in the app store. Find a free one they all do the same thing.
    iPhone4 keeps me in touch with my woman. Whats more important? Nothing.
    Everything is Bigger in TEXAS!!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    42
    Member #
    1191
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TungstenGT View Post
    Forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

    I have seen some people who have smilies/thumbs up/etc in their SMS texts. I was just wondering how they did that. (I don't know them personally to ask. I have just seen it on screen shots here and there.)
    Any help would be great.
    Thank you!
    Just search emoji in the app store. Find a free one they all do the same thing.
    Thank you!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    56
    Member #
    2091
    How come not all of my emoji work properly ... sometimes when i use it, mostly the smilies it will send as characters :^) instead of the actual picture?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    2,736
    Member #
    317
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VMonk View Post
    How come not all of my emoji work properly ... sometimes when i use it, mostly the smilies it will send as characters :^) instead of the actual picture?
    It only works to iPhones so if you send to a computer or non-iPhone they won't see them.
    iPhone4 keeps me in touch with my woman. Whats more important? Nothing.
    Everything is Bigger in TEXAS!!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    47
    Member #
    4242
    You can also use Bitesms in Cydia

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    56
    Member #
    2091
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VMonk View Post
    How come not all of my emoji work properly ... sometimes when i use it, mostly the smilies it will send as characters :^) instead of the actual picture?
    It only works to iPhones so if you send to a computer or non-iPhone they won't see them.
    Yup that I knew already. Just last night I tried sending the emoji to myself and only some appears as an emoticons the others will appear as letterings. My sister has an iPhone 4 and when it does the same to her. Yup using bitesms but not as many choices as emojis

    Last edited by VMonk; 11-14-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: added image

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12
    Member #
    6355
    Personally I don't like the emoji icons. I downloaded an app out of the app store called "Animated Smileys". It is the best one I found for my liking. It'll put an icon on your phone.

    Type your text. Hit the home button. Hit the Animated Smileys icon. Open one of the folders inside. Pick the smiley you want. Hit copy to MMS. It'll take you back to your text screen. Touch and hold the texting bar. The "paste" tab will show up. Hit paste. It will insert the smiley.
    ______________________________________
    Sent from my impossible to figure out iPhone4



    32 gb factory unlocked

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    56
    Member #
    2091
    not so into the animated ones... Seems like most of the smileys arent working but everything else works... using them on my iphone is fine but sending them though sms to another iphone doesnt work.. so lame its bugging me.. ocd style

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    56
    Member #
    2091
    HAH! found the problem. With Bitesms my emoji smileys wont work.. but using the regular sms icon all emojis will work. sigh.

    anyone using emoji with bitesms ?


    *********I feel dumb ... smiley was "off" ************
    Last edited by VMonk; 11-16-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: being stupid.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Tons of Avatars & Smilies added
    By JohnnyApple in forum New Members
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 01:09 AM

Search tags for this page

find thumbs up in iphone
,

how to send thumbs up on iphone

,
iphone thumbs up emoticon
,
text message thumbs up
,
thumbs up emoticon for iphone
,
thumbs up emoticon iphone
,
thumbs up emoticon iphone messenger
,
thumbs up iphone emoticon
,
thumbs up on iphone
,
where to find smilly faces thumbs ip when texting from iphone
Click on a term to search for related topics.