To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Removing Jailbreak - please help

I am really hoping someone can help here - I have an iphone 3gs that was updated to firmware 4.3.5, baseband 5.16.02. I successfully jailbroke using redsn0w but would now like to take the phone back to standard, removing the jailbreak. To jailbreak I downloaded redsn0w and the fw for 4.3.4 and 4.3.5. I pointed redsn0w at 4.3.4 when applying the jailbreak. - I have tried to go to itunes and 'restore' but I am getting the error '3194' - please help!! I just want my boring iphone back lol!!

Member #

restoring jailbreak

hi, ive literally just had the same thing, after 3 hours messing about deleting this and that i found that if you go onto the redsnow application on your computer, brpwse for the original file you downloaded the 4.3.4 i think, then on the check list where it says install cydia, and other check boxes, check the last one to enter it into pwned D(something mode) , (sorry for lack of info i cant remember and dont want to go back into it incase it happens again lol) once you have done this itune will let you do a full restore back to factory settings. hope ive helped you.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    What I did to unjailbreak my iPhone first generation was to press the HOME button while plugging the USB cable to a power source. Kept pressing the HOME button until the familiar connect to iTunes shows. From there you can restore your phone. I have a iPhone first generation that I could not get past the apple icon on the middle of the screen. Then I used the same procedure as I just wrote in here. Now Tge phone works perfectly. By the way I found the information on this forum here.
    Last edited by OneMarcil; 09-25-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    The 3194 error is because your hosts file is not pointing to Apple. You likely changed it to jailbreak by pointing it to Cydia. You either did this manually or TinyUmbrella did it for you.

If you did it manually, edit your hosts file and remove any line which contains gs.apple.com.

If you used TU, start TU, switch to the advanced pane, and UNTICK "Set hosts to Cydia on exit", and then exit TU.

Either of those will put your hosts back how it should be for a stock firmware restore.

Also, best to put your device into DFU mode when you start the restore. See our sticky if you need help to get into DFU mode here - DFU Mode for Dummies

Hope that helps.
    13" MacBook Pro 8GB 2.7GHz i7 500GB | iPad3 4G 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.0 (stock) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 4.3.3 (jbme) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) |
    iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)

iPhoneForums support only legitimate jailbreakers. Don't use your jailbreak to pirate or steal!
    Please review the hacking section rules before posting.

Member #
    Hi all, i'm trying to upgrade to IOS 5 and i have a tethered 4.3.5 JB, but everytime i do it (with update on itunes or restore), it gives me the error 3194 (i've updated the itunes to latest version) and if i put it in DFU gives the error 3200, i searched the web and i found that sometimes tiny umbrella alters the hosts files, which i already altered to delete all the gs.apple.com lines, atm is without anything there... I've deleted my apps only cydia left...

And i also did this

Quote Originally Posted by info_noob
    hi, ive literally just had the same thing, after 3 hours messing about deleting this and that i found that if you go onto the redsnow application on your computer, brpwse for the original file you downloaded the 4.3.4 i think, then on the check list where it says install cydia, and other check boxes, check the last one to enter it into pwned D(something mode) , (sorry for lack of info i cant remember and dont want to go back into it incase it happens again lol) once you have done this itune will let you do a full restore back to factory settings. hope ive helped you.
    But without any result...

What should i do to make it with ios 5 without a problem and get rid of jailbrake ???

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    If you are getting 3194, your hosts is still wrong. Do this...

1) download TinyUmbrella, and run it.
    2) switch to the "Advanced" tab
    3) UNTICK the "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit"
    4) Exit TU.

This is a failsafe way to ensure your hosts is pointing back at Apple. Now you should be good to go for IOS5.
    13" MacBook Pro 8GB 2.7GHz i7 500GB | iPad3 4G 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.0 (stock) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 4.3.3 (jbme) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) |

iPhoneForums support only legitimate jailbreakers. Don't use your jailbreak to pirate or steal!

Member #
    Well i've done that already, and i've edited hosts myself and still no update and i'm reading that a lot of ppl is getting this same error 3200 on apple comunity forums...

But there it's also the message that the servers are loaded and might give this error... 3200 <- i will try tomorrow

But if you have anymore ideas how to correct this 3194 because i've edited the hosts and in tiny umbrella i never had the box thicked for the go back to cydia bla bla...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Yes, a 3200 indicates you did not get a complete download from Apple. A 3194 means the hosts is wrong.
    Try downloading the firmware from our links here - Official Apple IOS Firmware Download Links for iPhone

Then use shift-restore (windows) or option-restore (osx) in iTunes and select the file you downloaded. It should then install OK.

Member #
    Nice idea i will try that one... i totally forgot about SHIFT RESTORE Lolol :$ i will post here the results

But if i do restore with my iphone ON it says error 3194 but if i put it in DFU gives me 3200... what is the best try ? in DFU ??

Member #

Did this work?

Any update on if this worked for you or not? I have an iPhone 4 as well, running 4.3.5/Jailbroken and am unable to update it to iOS5 because I can't restore it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links