To register for an account, click here...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    120
    Member #
    26287
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zig9449 View Post
    LOL.............ya have actually "use" the iOS before saying that. iOS 5 is the "best" iOS Apple has made so far. Plain and simple.
    I've been on 5.0.1 since the untethered JB came out. I agree that it's probably best so far... Just saying that if you had to stay on 4.3.3 you wouldn't be missing a great deal. Wifi syncing is a bit of a gimmick particularly as you have to have your phone connected to a power source. The notification centre doesn't really do much. I don't know.... I just can't think of anything new that's really caught my attention.



  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,209
    Member #
    30589
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungryghost
    I've been on 5.0.1 since the untethered JB came out. I agree that it's probably best so far... Just saying that if you had to stay on 4.3.3 you wouldn't be missing a great deal. Wifi syncing is a bit of a gimmick particularly as you have to have your phone connected to a power source. The notification centre doesn't really do much. I don't know.... I just can't think of anything new that's really caught my attention.
    Battery
    Animation
    iCloud (if you know what to do.lol)
    Jailbreak
    What you can do with notification center after a jailbreak is pretty much endless.


    That is all I could think within a 2 seconds thought. To go to 4.3x simply because of jailbreakme.com is just foolish.

    Your missing out in, iMessage and iCloud.

    Wifi sync was probably the worst idea ever invented.....but besides that iOS 5 is awesome.

    I truly find it astonishing that all you see in iOS 5 is "wifi sync and notification center"

    Seriously? Wifi sync and notification center? That is "all that's new with iOS 5" that you noticed.

    And I thought i was stubborn when I came to giving up iOS 4.lol

    And I was stubborn......till I woke up.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    68
    Member #
    66691
    So like I said earlier, when I connected to TU, my saved SHSHs was 4.1 & 5.1. I'm assuming that's the OS's?
    Is there any way at all I can upgrade to 5.01?
    I have another iPhone that's been jailbroken & using 5.01. Is there a way I can get 5.01 that way?
    I don't guess I understand this "tether" & "untethered" thing, either.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,209
    Member #
    30589
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JGKC9AYC
    So like I said earlier, when I connected to TU, my saved SHSHs was 4.1 & 5.1. I'm assuming that's the OS's?
    Is there any way at all I can upgrade to 5.01?
    I have another iPhone that's been jailbroken & using 5.01. Is there a way I can get 5.01 that way?
    I don't guess I understand this "tether" & "untethered" thing, either.
    If Tiny Umbrella only has SHSH for 4.1 and 5.1 then those are the only iOS versions you can restore to.

    You cannot use the SHSH blobs from another device. Each SHSH blob is specific to each device. the other iPhone on 5.0.1 is of no use in that category.



    A tethered jailbreak is (now in iOS 5) really a semi-tethered jailbreak. But lets just call it a tethered jailbreak....k? they are the same thing in iOS 5. iOS 4 is a different story,.....but lets forget about iOS 4.

    Tethered jailbreak:
    once the device is jailbroken for the first time you must boot the device again with the tool you jailbroke with to get Cydia to work.

    If you perform a normal reboot the device will reboot into a "none-jailbroken" state. This means everything works except Cydia, and anything installed from Cydia. Also Safari does not work in this state either, but there is a fix for that besides using a different browser.

    The only way to get the phone back into its normal jailbroken state is to boot "tethered". This comes from the fact that you have to "tether" your device to your computer, hence the term "tethered jailbreak".

    There are 2 ways to boot tethered and it depends on which tool you used to jailbreak with.

    If you jailbroke with redsn0w, you will just plug in your phone, open redsn0w, put your device in DFU mode, then click the "Just boot" button in redsn0w and your device will boot into it fully functional state.
    If you tether jailbroke with a tool called Sn0wbreeze, you would have to launch an application call iBooty, and do pretty much the same thing you would do in redsn0w.

    iBooty will boot your tether jailbroken phone twice as fast as redsn0w....but I don't recommend using iBooty if you jailbroke with redsn0w or vice versa.




    Untethered jailbreak:
    Quite the opposite of what I wrote above.

    Once device is jailbroken for the first time......you have nothing to worry about. You do not need to plug your phone in and tether boot it with the tool you used to jailbreak with. You can reboot your device just like you would normally. End of story.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    68
    Member #
    66691
    Quote Originally Posted by zig9449 View Post
    If Tiny Umbrella only has SHSH for 4.1 and 5.1 then those are the only iOS versions you can restore to.

    You cannot use the SHSH blobs from another device. Each SHSH blob is specific to each device. the other iPhone on 5.0.1 is of no use in that category.


    A tethered jailbreak is (now in iOS 5) really a semi-tethered jailbreak. But lets just call it a tethered jailbreak....k? they are the same thing in iOS 5. iOS 4 is a different story,.....but lets forget about iOS 4.

    Tethered jailbreak:
    once the device is jailbroken for the first time you must boot the device again with the tool you jailbroke with to get Cydia to work.

    If you perform a normal reboot the device will reboot into a "none-jailbroken" state. This means everything works except Cydia, and anything installed from Cydia. Also Safari does not work in this state either, but there is a fix for that besides using a different browser.

    The only way to get the phone back into its normal jailbroken state is to boot "tethered". This comes from the fact that you have to "tether" your device to your computer, hence the term "tethered jailbreak".

    There are 2 ways to boot tethered and it depends on which tool you used to jailbreak with.

    If you jailbroke with redsn0w, you will just plug in your phone, open redsn0w, put your device in DFU mode, then click the "Just boot" button in redsn0w and your device will boot into it fully functional state.
    If you tether jailbroke with a tool called Sn0wbreeze, you would have to launch an application call iBooty, and do pretty much the same thing you would do in redsn0w.

    iBooty will boot your tether jailbroken phone twice as fast as redsn0w....but I don't recommend using iBooty if you jailbroke with redsn0w or vice versa.




    Untethered jailbreak:
    Quite the opposite of what I wrote above.

    Once device is jailbroken for the first time......you have nothing to worry about. You do not need to plug your phone in and tether boot it with the tool you used to jailbreak with. You can reboot your device just like you would normally. End of story.


    It sounds like, then, i'm stuck at 4.1 if I want to stay untethered, yes?
    Since i'm at 4.3.3, if something happens & I need to do a restore, would I be stuck at 4.1?
    Also, GPS is important to me. I don't want to do anything that'll disable it.
    Last edited by JGKC9AYC; 04-16-2012 at 08:42 PM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,209
    Member #
    30589
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JGKC9AYC

    It sounds like, then, i'm stuck at 4.1 if I want to stay untethered, yes?
    Since i'm at 4.3.3, if something happens & I need to do a restore, would I be stuck at 4.1?
    Also, GPS is important to me. I don't want to do anything that'll disable it.
    Um.....why would you be stuck on 4.1

    You can still save 4.3.3 blobs with iFaith. Build a signed IPSW that you can always restore to because your blobs are stitched to the IPSW it modified.

    Did you even check to see what SHSH you have?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    68
    Member #
    66691
    Quote Originally Posted by zig9449 View Post
    Um.....why would you be stuck on 4.1

    You can still save 4.3.3 blobs with iFaith. Build a signed IPSW that you can always restore to because your blobs are stitched to the IPSW it modified.

    Did you even check to see what SHSH you have?
    I did a "request shsh" from cydia but the highest before 5.1 was 4.2.x.
    I think I really need to un-jailbreak & start all over again and go a different route so I can unlock it as well.
    There baseband is 05.16.02.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    68
    Member #
    66691
    If you ain't already figured it out, I ain't the sharpest tack in the box.

  9. #29
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire,England
    Posts
    8,445
    Member #
    35980
    Liked
    727 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JGKC9AYC View Post
    If you ain't already figured it out, I ain't the sharpest tack in the box.
    Hey we,re all of us learning all the time
    If you can stay calm while all around you is chaos then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation

    iPhoneforums Administrator.
    iPadforums Moderator.





    If any advice given by a member or a moderator helped with your problem let us know, It may help others.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,209
    Member #
    30589
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JGKC9AYC
    If you ain't already figured it out, I ain't the sharpest tack in the box.
    Yeah...what PoisonIvy said......we all are learning from each other.

    Sooner or later...you'll be the one helping people
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

24kpwn untether no shsh blobs
,
downgrade baseband iphone
,
how to restore 24kpwn untether iphone
,
ifaith 24kpwn
,
ifaith since the 24kpwn
,
ios 5.1custom ipsw for iphone 4 cdma
,
iphone 3gs ifaith 24kpwn
,
since the 24kpwn untether
,
since the 24kpwn untether is applied to your iphone no shsh blobs are on your iphone as long as you restore to custom fi
,

since the 24kpwn untethered

,

this device has the 24kpwn untether applied

,
this device has the 24kpwn untether applied?
,
this device has the 24kpwn untethered applied
,
this+i+device+has+the+24kpwn+untether applied
,
tinyumbrella version 5.10.10 download package
Click on a term to search for related topics.