To register for an account, click here...
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    13918

    Never been activated iphone 4 can this be UNLOCKED ?

    Howdi all.. im a newbie here and have read a few tutorials and read me 1st threads.. but i think ( not 100% sure ) that most tutorials are for iphone 4`s that have already been activated.. now mines isnt activated.. ive created an itunes account but a few tutorials im reading are mentioning accessing your menu on the phone.. well i cant even get passed the connect to itunes logo on the phone..

    so my question to all is can i still open/unlock this phone ? i bought it on ebay and is LOCKED to t-mobile.. i dont even know what OS version it has.. so im really lost.. any info wud be appreciated thxx in advance..



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    210
    Member #
    2022
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by n0rie_uk View Post
    Howdi all.. im a newbie here and have read a few tutorials and read me 1st threads.. but i think ( not 100% sure ) that most tutorials are for iphone 4`s that have already been activated.. now mines isnt activated.. ive created an itunes account but a few tutorials im reading are mentioning accessing your menu on the phone.. well i cant even get passed the connect to itunes logo on the phone..

    so my question to all is can i still open/unlock this phone ? i bought it on ebay and is LOCKED to t-mobile.. i dont even know what OS version it has.. so im really lost.. any info wud be appreciated thxx in advance..
    When you plug it into itunes it will show you the OS version without you needing to do anything - that way you can then look for a jailbreak that will "hactivate" your phone.

    personally id ask somebody you know who is with T Mobile to put the sim in your phone and activate then give it them back. I used to do that with my old O2 locked 3G as I am on Vodafone and my GF is on O2 so i just used her sim to activate it.
    Not very patient with people who cant use the search function.
    ----------------------------
    iPhone 5 64gb
    iPad 2 64gb (Jailbreaked)
    iMac 22" 8gb Ram 1TB HDD - Photo Processing & Music Production.
    MacBook Pro 13" 16gb Ram 1TB HDD - DJ'ing only
    Gamertag : Mooga Fooga


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    13918
    Ok i have managed to jailbreak my iphone 4.. i have installed cydia/ultrasn0w but i cant make calls/send sms.. so i dont think its unlocked.. when i go into phone settings it lists my number as Unknown so im not sure if theres a problem with the sim ??

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    13976
    Hey.. Does downgrading IOS on my iphone4 from 4.2.1 to 4.1.0 also causes downgrading baseband ???

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    4,516
    Member #
    6813
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by n0rie_uk View Post
    Ok i have managed to jailbreak my iphone 4.. i have installed cydia/ultrasn0w but i cant make calls/send sms.. so i dont think its unlocked.. when i go into phone settings it lists my number as Unknown so im not sure if theres a problem with the sim ??
    You baseband probably isn't compatible with ultrasnow. Check your modem firmware number in the about page of your settings against the list of compatible basebands in the ultrasnow description in cydia.

    Quote Originally Posted by karthikbabu View Post
    Hey.. Does downgrading IOS on my iphone4 from 4.2.1 to 4.1.0 also causes downgrading baseband ???
    There's no way to downgrade basebands. Not even by downgrading firmware...


    iPhone 4 iOS 5 Unlocked
    iPhone 3GS iOS 5 Unlocked
    iPod Touch 4G iOS 5

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    13976

    in reply to gaz6076

    Thanks Gaz6076 ..
    Is there any way to unlock my iphone4 with firmware 4.2.1 and baseband 3.10..??
    need serious help guyz .. thanks...

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    4,516
    Member #
    6813
    Liked
    17 times
    No way yet. There's not been a new unlock for over half a year now...


    iPhone 4 iOS 5 Unlocked
    iPhone 3GS iOS 5 Unlocked
    iPod Touch 4G iOS 5


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Activated?
    By Stannislaus in forum iPhone General Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 05:10 AM
  2. New iphone 4 unlocked from new??
    By ziggyboy in forum iPhone Jailbreaking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 10:04 AM
  3. iphone 4 is already unlocked???
    By b34nz in forum iPhone Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 10:31 AM
  4. Ok, got an AT&T activated phone, now what?
    By Robinelli in forum iPhone Jailbreaking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 02:29 PM

Search tags for this page

can you unlock a phone that has never been activated

,

can you unlock an iphone if it has not been activated

,
can you use a piphone that has never been activated
,
has this phone ever been activated?
,

how can i find out if iphone has ever been activated

,

how to jailbrake never activated iphone4

,

if a iphone has never been activated from att

,

itune saying my iphone4 is not active

,
need to unlock iphone 4 that has not been activated yet
,

unlock iphone that hasnt been activated

Click on a term to search for related topics.