To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

How to make a full backup before jailbreak Iphone 4s (5.01 9A406)

Somebody guide me how to make a full backup for phone 4s (5.01 9A406) before I jailbreak it. Make sure when I restore it, the FW will be still the same (5.01 9A406), and the jailbreak have to disappear. Like a new iphone 4s at begining when I bought it. please help me...

-----I used "iPhone4,1_5.0.1_9A406_Restore.ipsw" tried to shift-restore in itune, but it said error 3194. I used software such as Tinyumbrella, iSHSH, and delete the host file, but it still the same error 3194.

In short: I want to make sure the full backup, after I jailbreak I can still restore like a new iphone 4s (5.01 9A406) I bought.

please help me !!!

Banned
    Member #
    YOU CANT! because apple stopped sigining 5.0.1. so yo will have to restore to 5.1. and a backup wont being back the firmware. sorry

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    To backup just right-click the device in iTunes and select "backup." However, like Friday1234 said, you will not be able to restore 5.0.1. If you want to jailbreak, you will have to keep your phone the way it is right now and just jailbreak it.
    White iPhone5(CDMA) - iOS 6.1.2 - Jailbroken with Evasi0n 1.5
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Have a jailbreaking/unlocking question? Ask me
    Forum Rules Here(PLEASE READ!) iPhoneForums staff

Member #
    I see now...
    1/My Iphone is automatic download the FW 5.1 and lucky it didn't automatic install. It took 800MB in my Iphone. How can I detele that file download 5.1 in my iphone? some one help me? I just jailbroke my Iphone 4s 5.0.1. please help

2/do guys know any software or apps by wi-fi to call people without carrier? some time the signal is too weak. It is hard to make a call or receive a phone call. please help

3/ I can't a group message to people I want to send. It said "message failure" I don't know why. My I phone is 4s 5.0.1 and I tried to send 1 person, and it worked. Only send as a group, it can't work. "message failure" somebody know about this?

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yamiyugi22 View Post
    I see now...
    1/My Iphone is automatic download the FW 5.1 and lucky it didn't automatic install. It took 800MB in my Iphone. How can I detele that file download 5.1 in my iphone? some one help me? I just jailbroke my Iphone 4s 5.0.1. please help

2/do guys know any software or apps by wi-fi to call people without carrier? some time the signal is too weak. It is hard to make a call or receive a phone call. please help

3/ I can't a group message to people I want to send. It said "message failure" I don't know why. My I phone is 4s 5.0.1 and I tried to send 1 person, and it worked. Only send as a group, it can't work. "message failure" somebody know about this?
    don't worry for the iOS 5.1, it didn't get into your iPhone, it was downloading into your computer and afterward would have install it into your iPhone. You can even download it completely into your computer and leave it there, it will never get installed into your iPhone without asking you for confirmation.
    You can use Skype, or FaceTime, or yahoo messenger, or apps alike to make phone call via wifi.
    As for group messages, i do not have experience with it, so i can't help on that.

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bab2010 View Post
    don't worry for the iOS 5.1, it didn't get into your iPhone, it was downloading into your computer and afterward would have install it into your iPhone. You can even download it completely into your computer and leave it there, it will never get installed into your iPhone without asking you for confirmation.
    You can use Skype, or FaceTime, or yahoo messenger, or apps alike to make phone call via wifi.
    As for group messages, i do not have experience with it, so i can't help on that.
    You can also tap download and install on the phone itself, but once it's done downloading it won't install until you tap "install now".

My iOS 5.1 update jut started downloading by itself......without me doing anything.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Member #
    It was auto download (ios 5.1) in my Iphone 4s not my PC. I used itool and went to var -> mobileSoftUpdate ..( I deleted everything there around 500MB ) am I doing right? , but when I go back general to check, and it is still "Install" not " download and install"..Did I do something wrong?

Group message, nobody know how to help me this?

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yamiyugi22
    It was auto download (ios 5.1) in my Iphone 4s not my PC. I used itool and went to var -> mobileSoftUpdate ..( I deleted everything there around 500MB ) am I doing right? , but when I go back general to check, and it is still "Install" not " download and install"..Did I do something wrong?

Group message, nobody know how to help me this?
    You didn't have to do anything. All ya had to do was "not " tap install. Simple. The probably cannot recognize that the update is removed. Cuz that's not suppose to happen. Just don't go in that section of settings. How hard is that?lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Member #
    I know...it took 500-800MB in my iphone 4s..I just tried to delete it to reduce GB in my iphones...

I don't know when I deleted all data in var -> mobileSoftUpdate , but in the general it is not change from "install" to "download and install" ...just tell me " did I deleted right one for ios 5.1 in var -> mobileSoftUpdate ?

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yamiyugi22
    I know...it took 500-800MB in my iphone 4s..I just tried to delete it to reduce GB in my iphones...

I don't know when I deleted all data in var -> mobileSoftUpdate , but in the general it is not change from "install" to "download and install" ...just tell me " did I deleted right one for ios 5.1 in var -> mobileSoftUpdate ?
    Yes. You most certainly did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links