To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Post Verizon iPhone 4 Won't activate? Please help.

So basically I bought this Verizon iPhone 4 and once I finally got it to restore, I couldn't activate the iPhone. Every time in iTunes it says this iPhone could not be activated, please try again later or contact customer care.I have tried custom restore, regular restore, and the stitched shsh ipsw. All restore ended with error 1 then I used fix recovery in Redsn0w to boot it back to iOS 5.1.1 activation screen where it doesn't activate. Also it only shows searching in the top left corner. Never goes to no service or changes. Does anyone have any suggestions to what I can do? I do not have a Verizon account either. I use straight talk on an at&t iPhone 4. So I'm sure verizon would not be very happy to see me walk in and try to activate a verizon iPhone 4.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by tortelliniguy; 06-08-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Verizon is a CDMA network whereas ATT is GSM, basically you can't use a Verizon phone on a GSM network. I could be mistaken though.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    No I mean I bought this phone from someone because I was trying to fix it. The person couldn't get the iPhone to restore so I wanted to try to take a chance. I already have my iPhone 4 on straight talk working and everything is fine with it. The problem is this Verizon iPhone.

Member #
    sounds like a bad esn and i never new u could use Verizon iPhones with straight talk?? i don't think so ?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I have a white iPhone 4 16gb Verizon and a 32gb iPhone 4 for at&t. Can you guys get that straight? I have two iPhone 4's. Not one. my at&t iPhone is irrelevant to this post. I need help with my verizon iPhone 4

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    When I bought my 4s it would not activate - Verizon tried messing with it for a couple hours and the Apple store smart guys couldn't figure out how to get it to activate. turns out it was just a bad copy - I got a new one and it activated immediately. Sounds like you have a bad phone.
    Steve

32G iPhone 5S Space Gray

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto a freeway.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbeal View Post
    When I bought my 4s it would not activate - Verizon tried messing with it for a couple hours and the Apple store smart guys couldn't figure out how to get it to activate. turns out it was just a bad copy - I got a new one and it activated immediately. Sounds like you have a bad phone.
    Will they still replace if the phone is not under warranty? I'm not sure whether or not it is. I'll stop by the Apple store today and see what they say about it.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    The only other thing I can think of is it is a "lost/stolen" phone that was found but is in the system still as lost/stolen. In that case the phone will never work until it is returned to Apple to be resourced as a replacement phone. I'm not sure if it will be replaced under warranty as you are not the original owner. Good luck.
    Steve

32G iPhone 5S Space Gray

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto a freeway.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I took it to apple today and they tried to activate it with no luck so they told me to go to a verizon store and I went with no luck. So I returned to apple and they just gave me a refurb verizon iPhone and activated it for me. A little weird if you ask me. Never heard of apple doing this, but I kept my mouth shut and smiled and thanked them.

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAck_KiLLzZz
    sounds like a bad esn and i never new u could use Verizon iPhones with straight talk?? i don't think so ?
    You can't. Only. GSM iPhone can work on Straight Talk.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links