To register for an account, click here...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Administrator
    Game Center ID
    Unleashed83
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath999 View Post
    Hi,

I, too, am interested in knowing how to be able to use my IPhone 4 with another carrier without making any changes to my IPhone 4.
    The problem is that I cannot use my IPPhone when I am i Europe. Last time it cost me extra $450 for just short use of the phone. Needless to say I cannot afford that so I want to unlock from Fido and use a SIM card from a carrier that is overseas while I am away.
    Now - when I come back I want to be able to use Fido as my regular carrier again.

Any suggestions to what can be done without creating lots of problems with the phone/carrier? I just want to be able to remove one SIM card for a week and then insert other SIM card when I come back.

Thanks

Cathrine :-)
    with all that money you gave you could of just bought a factory unlocked one...

if your on baseband 01.59 you can unlock it using an application called ultrasn0w.. now to know what baseband your on tap on settings > general > about and look what it says next to modem firmware. if you use it on the wrong baseband it wont work
    iPhone 5s 64GB Space Grey (Factory Unlocked)
    iPhone 5c 32GB Blue (Factory Unlocked)
    iPhone 5 64GB White (Factory Unlocked)

iPhone 4 32GB Black (Factory Unlocked)

iPad Air 128GB WiFi + 4G

Firmware: What ever the latest one is: 7.XX

Unleashed@iphoneforums.net

Forum Rules

Member #
    sorry cath ....am from U.K so dont know how your city networks work.

best thing i say contact your network provider and tell them that you wanna unlock the phone to all / any networks .....! and see what they say !!

Member #

Unlock Iphone 4 without jailbreaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed View Post
    Hi,

I, too, am interested in knowing how to be able to use my IPhone 4 with another carrier without making any changes to my IPhone 4.
    The problem is that I cannot use my IPPhone when I am i Europe. Last time it cost me extra $450 for just short use of the phone. Needless to say I cannot afford that so I want to unlock from Fido and use a SIM card from a carrier that is overseas while I am away.
    Now - when I come back I want to be able to use Fido as my regular carrier again.

Any suggestions to what can be done without creating lots of problems with the phone/carrier? I just want to be able to remove one SIM card for a week and then insert other SIM card when I come back.

Thanks

if your on baseband 01.59 you can unlock it using an application called ultrasn0w.. now to know what baseband your on tap on settings > general > about and look what it says next to modem firmware. if you use it on the wrong baseband it wont work
    I don't know where i could find an unlocked Iphone 4 for the price of $450
    Haven't seen any such offer. Anyway - in response to previous answer to my question my modem is 04.10.01

Administrator
    Game Center ID
    Unleashed83
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed View Post
    Hi,

Thanks

I don't know where i could find an unlocked Iphone 4 for the price of $450
    Haven't seen any such offer. Anyway - in response to previous answer to my question my modem is 04.10.01
    you said an extra $450.. so that and what you paid for the iphone in the first place then the extra $450 trying to get it unlocked...

in canada i think its around 700 dollars for the 16 GB factory unlocked phone, well just under and another 100 for the 32..

and that baseband you cant unlock it atm so your only real options are..

1. buy a gevey sim http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/ip...sebands-12736/

2. is it on the network its locked to.

3. buy it factory unlocked, but you already seemed to have given out so much money to try unlock your phone it seems a shame
    iPhone 5s 64GB Space Grey (Factory Unlocked)
    iPhone 5c 32GB Blue (Factory Unlocked)
    iPhone 5 64GB White (Factory Unlocked)

iPhone 4 32GB Black (Factory Unlocked)

iPad Air 128GB WiFi + 4G

Firmware: What ever the latest one is: 7.XX

Unleashed@iphoneforums.net

Forum Rules

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links