This is a discussion on Unable to join the network within the iPhone Help forums, part of the iPhone Forum category; Hello Everyone,
Im using a Netgear WGT624 v3 version V2.0.26_1.0.1NA and I cant connect to my Wifi. To start off I even disabled my Wifi ...
Im using a Netgear WGT624 v3 version V2.0.26_1.0.1NA and I cant connect to my Wifi. To start off I even disabled my Wifi security and it still didnt work. I have tried WEP, WPA, WPA2, nothing works. Now if I disabled my security it shouldnt need WEP, etc. Is this a compatability issue, is my router to old? Im able to connect to other Wifi networks just fine. I have cleared my network settings in my phone, rebooted the router and im still left with nothing. Any help would be great.
I use a netgear and use WEP. So not sure what the deal is. It's definitely a router problem tho. How old is it? Also you might make sure it's not setup to manually confirm to add the device to your network.
I'm having a similar problem. I'm using a Linksys WRT610N, which has 2 bands- a 2.4G for data and a 5G for other media (which I'm not currently using). My phone sees the WiFi network, but the password won't allow access. My understanding is that iPhone 4 supports 802.11b/g networks and 802.11n (2.4G only).... which is within the scope of the phone(?)
I downloaded the newer files for the router (an upgraded firmware and setup wizard), uninstalled anything to do with the old wizard, reset and rebooted the router, and my phone popped onto it without issue. I installed the firmware through the wizard, configured the PW on a WPA2, and tried the phone...denied. I went into the config wizard, removed the PW and the phone was into the WiFi right away.
The other computers (and another family member's crackberry) in the network accept the PW and access without issue.
I'm left thinking it's the phone. I'm going to keep looking for a fix....
Try update to 4.3 and adding yur ifone MAC into router and choosin wpa + tsk combo. Dont use wpa alone. I also tried wep but no luck kept gettin unable to connect. 4.3 version still made me connect like 5 times but now workin well. Usin ifone to type this msg now that i m half bald from pullin hair omg
I was having trouble connecting to my WiFi at home. Here is how I solved it:
1. If you are able to connect to other WiFi networks with ease, but are having trouble with one particular Wi-Fi network, the problem is likely with the router and not the IPhone.
2. I have AT&T Uverse with a 2WIRE WiFi router. I went to the settings for WiFi on my home computer, by entering the http:168.192.1 etc. found on the side of my router into the address bar of Internet Explorer, then hit "enter" then went to SETTINGS>LAN>WIRELESS.
3. Under "Wireless Channel", my router was set to "Channel 9". I changed this setting to "Auto". My IPhone now connects with ease to my home Wi-Fi. The Wireless Channel currently displayed is "1".
4. I think someone nearby may have a Wi-Fi that is set up on Channel 9, and this was interfering with my Wi-Fi connection.
5. Also, under "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" I changed the setting to "Enabled". I'm not sure if this helped, but it may have made a difference.
I sure hopes this helps some people out there, as this is a very frustrating problem to deal with. One of the keys is persistance, if you get frustrated, take a break and try again tomorrow morning.