To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ringtone help

Member #

Cool Ringtone help

I am new with Iphone. And to be honest I am not an expert in electronics.
    I just bought two ringtones from Itunes and when I downloaded them into my PC they went into my music file. I synced my ipod and they did not go to ringtones. I want to load one for my text messages and the other for my answering calls. Can anybody tell me what I did wrong. In another words. What is the right procedure to download them and to go to the right place (ringtone folder). To a point I ended up deleting them. Thanks in advance for the help I can get out there. By the way I went to a couples webpages to find out a procedure and what I got was a virus. Meaning I would not want to go to a webpage I do not know. Thanks
    The razor
    Last edited by the razor; 11-22-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: correcting misspelling

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Smile

Are you sure they are ringtones and not songs? Ringtones have to be in m4a format while songs are mp3's.

You can create ringtones in iTunes using any song in your library.

Create Ringtones using iTunes

Member #
    up!that's the solution

Member #
    just download a related software.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz6076 View Post
    Are you sure they are ringtones and not songs? Ringtones have to be in m4a format while songs are mp3's.

You can create ringtones in iTunes using any song in your library.

Create Ringtones using iTunes
    Thanks gaz. Yup. They were ring tones. 30 sec each.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by apoman View Post
    just download a related software.
    Thanks apoman. I guess for the weekend I am going to sit and figure it out. I will try and see your recomendations. Thanks again guys for your input and help.
    Happy thanksgiving to all of you out there.

Member #
    Clickeds on link above for creating ringtones in iTunes, but page no longer exists.

I have created a ringtone (using an app, not iTunes), and have it saved as .wav, .m4r, and .m4a. Apple technician told me to save ringtone as .m4r and simply drag it into Tones file in iTunes Library on my PC, from which it can be synched with my iPhone's "Sounds" settings. But when I try to drag and drop, the tone file doesn't show up in the destination folder. Does anyone know how to make this ought-to-be-simple process actually work?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfBob
    Clickeds on link above for creating ringtones in iTunes, but page no longer exists.

I have created a ringtone (using an app, not iTunes), and have it saved as .wav, .m4r, and .m4a. Apple technician told me to save ringtone as .m4r and simply drag it into Tones file in iTunes Library on my PC, from which it can be synched with my iPhone's "Sounds" settings. But when I try to drag and drop, the tone file doesn't show up in the destination folder. Does anyone know how to make this ought-to-be-simple process actually work?
    You drag the m4r file on the top left in itunes where it says Library, in the music section and when you click the tones section you should be able to see it there. Once you have all the tones there, you can click on your device, go to the tones tab and check whichever tones you with to sync and click apply

Member #
    Thanks, iMarilina ... I will try that. I've been trying to drag it directly to the Tones folder, and it doesn't work.

Member #
    iMarilina --

Thanks so much for trying to help, but it's still not working. I have tried dragging the m4r files into "Library," into "Music", and into "Tones". Nothing happens. All drag, no drop. In fact the entire Library section in the upper left seems to be dimmed. I can't drag anything to it--although I have no problem playing what's already there.

Any ideas why iTunes isn't working right on my computer (Dell Latitude D630, running Windows XP)? I wish Apple would come up with a way of directly synching your devices that ndidn't involve going through iTunes, which is a really poor, counter-intuitive, and user-unfriendly application.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links