To register for an account, click here...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Thanks. I will have to do that. Go to an apple store that is an hour away...can't do it until next weekend though so I have to suck it up without sounds for another week. I wonder if some apps have viruses...I think it was fine after I downloaded a couple of apps after.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Member #

My iPhone 4 doesn't ring

I'm having the same problem. I have my iPhone 4 for only 3 weeks but few days ago it stopped ringing. The silent switch buttom is on, the ring volume is at the highest level, but it doesn't make any sound.

Not in the income calls, or messages, or videos, or apps.

Any idea what I can do?

Member #
    I have recently had the same problem after making NOT receiving a FaceTime call which after speaking to apple support 2day seems to be a common fault. I was told to reset the factory setting on the phone and it worked.

Member #
    The apple store will do everything in their power to not have to go into the back room and change any parts with their phone, believe me, I have been through it with 2 mb pro's and an iPhone and iPod touch... I would try hard reset, which probably won't work, also, check if their are any updates for your phone... But As bellamri said, it is probably a hard ware issue. Best of luck..

Member #
    I did went to Apple stroe with the same problem and they told me to ask ATT, not sure what's up with this, tried everything, restore to factory, backup restore, cold boot, nothing works. I am sure this is hardware problem, but Apple deny it, told me it's ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by fstyleboard View Post
    The apple store will do everything in their power to not have to go into the back room and change any parts with their phone, believe me, I have been through it with 2 mb pro's and an iPhone and iPod touch... I would try hard reset, which probably won't work, also, check if their are any updates for your phone... But As bellamri said, it is probably a hard ware issue. Best of luck..

Member #
    Went to Apple store again, this time they replaced my phone, looks like there is some problem with the hardware.

Member #

no ring

had the same problem today. NOT a hardware problem, as I can get sounds form the phone. Seems some app or web site that I visited has put up a hijack on my sounds.

tried the vibrate and silent functions in all 20 possible permutations. RE-did the ring tone, rings when I enter it, but nothing will make the phone ring when I call it.

It vibrates (or not) when I use the sliders.

I cannot find any place to enable the sounds back to the phone, except the IMPLIED enabling with the silent button.

I also tried the silent button on teh side.

Nothing will make this little 4S ring out it's heart any more....

Member #
    I've finally got a new phone, and it works fine now, I was struggling for a long time, suspecting some apps, reload to factory..... the best I get was good for 1 hour, and it's gone again, went to Apples Mahattan Beach, and they replaced the phone for me.

Quote Originally Posted by phone_guy View Post
    had the same problem today. NOT a hardware problem, as I can get sounds form the phone. Seems some app or web site that I visited has put up a hijack on my sounds.

tried the vibrate and silent functions in all 20 possible permutations. RE-did the ring tone, rings when I enter it, but nothing will make the phone ring when I call it.

It vibrates (or not) when I use the sliders.

I cannot find any place to enable the sounds back to the phone, except the IMPLIED enabling with the silent button.

I also tried the silent button on teh side.

Nothing will make this little 4S ring out it's heart any more....

Member #
    I bought an iPhone 4s a couple of weeks ago. It does not ring or vibrate when I have an incoming call. I have done resets, the problem appeared before I did the upgrade to 5.1 and after, it also shows a permananet call being made indicator at the top. Today it also started giving a busy tone when I call it. Yesterday it just rand and rand when my BF called it - no sound and no vibrate. I have checked the sound on/off switchand it is on (no red showing) Help - this is driving me crazy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links