To register for an account, click here...
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    47536

    Phone shutting off with plenty of battery

    Hi, new here. I got an iPhone 4 in August and had a battery issue....After about a month my phone would just power off with 30% battery life, then 40%, then 50% and finally 60%. I would go to turn it back on and it would display a battery drain and I would plug the phone into the wall charger and it would turn back on and continue charging from where it powered off. I took it to the genius bar and they replaced it with a new one, now I am having the same problem. I did a reset by pressing the home and power button but to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue? The guy at genius bar said he hasn't heard of it before. I was planning on resetting back to factory settings when I get home from work but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this before. Thanks!

    A little background:
    I only have apps that I use often, about 6 or 7 apps.
    Never had contact with any form of liquid
    Never experienced the overheating of the phone itself while charging or others.
    I close apps once I'm done using them.
    I use 3g more than wifi when using the interwebz.
    Haven't dropped it or crushed it, etc.
    I never leave it on the charger after it reaches 100%



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    566
    Member #
    38896
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentsideways
    Hi, new here. I got an iPhone 4 in August and had a battery issue....After about a month my phone would just power off with 30% battery life, then 40%, then 50% and finally 60%. I would go to turn it back on and it would display a battery drain and I would plug the phone into the wall charger and it would turn back on and continue charging from where it powered off. I took it to the genius bar and they replaced it with a new one, now I am having the same problem. I did a reset by pressing the home and power button but to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue? The guy at genius bar said he hasn't heard of it before. I was planning on resetting back to factory settings when I get home from work but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this before. Thanks!

    A little background:
    I only have apps that I use often, about 6 or 7 apps.
    Never had contact with any form of liquid
    Never experienced the overheating of the phone itself while charging or others.
    I close apps once I'm done using them.
    I use 3g more than wifi when using the interwebz.
    Haven't dropped it or crushed it, etc.
    I never leave it on the charger after it reaches 100%
    restore it to factory settings when you can does it run on 5.0.1 or other run the battery out completely until it shows less than 2 percent delete all your apps and all e-mail settings take out the sim and start again remove all music and start again

    Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net
    black iphone4s

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    47536
    Cool, thanks BMahoney. It runs OS 5.0.1, now that I think of it it started doing this again after I updated OS. I will try the factory reset tonight when I get home. I can't let it run down to 2% because it is currently powering off at 56%

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    566
    Member #
    38896
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentsideways
    Hi, new here. I got an iPhone 4 in August and had a battery issue....After about a month my phone would just power off with 30% battery life, then 40%, then 50% and finally 60%. I would go to turn it back on and it would display a battery drain and I would plug the phone into the wall charger and it would turn back on and continue charging from where it powered off. I took it to the genius bar and they replaced it with a new one, now I am having the same problem. I did a reset by pressing the home and power button but to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue? The guy at genius bar said he hasn't heard of it before. I was planning on resetting back to factory settings when I get home from work but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this before. Thanks!

    A little background:
    I only have apps that I use often, about 6 or 7 apps.
    Never had contact with any form of liquid
    Never experienced the overheating of the phone itself while charging or others.
    I close apps once I'm done using them.
    I use 3g more than wifi when using the interwebz.
    Haven't dropped it or crushed it, etc.
    I never leave it on the charger after it reaches 100%
    you might have a phone problem as well if its under warranty tell them you want a new phone as battery was changed already sounds to me like its a software or memory issue when i charge mine i wait until its completely dead and i then charge it overnight again maybe 7 or 8 hour to a charge my phone is 14 months old and never game me an ounce of grief

    Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net
    black iphone4s

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    566
    Member #
    38896
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentsideways
    Cool, thanks BMahoney. It runs OS 5.0.1, now that I think of it it started doing this again after I updated OS. I will try the factory reset tonight when I get home. I can't let it run down to 2% because it is currently powering off at 56%
    charge it for 6 hours turn off everything after you fully charge it then if it persists new phone

    Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net
    black iphone4s

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    566
    Member #
    38896
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmahony

    charge it for 6 hours turn off everything after you fully charge it then if it persists new phone

    Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net
    your i tunes might be off as well delete / reinstall as well

    Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net
    black iphone4s


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 3GS keeps shutting down
    By Nolealum in forum iPhone 3GS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 07:18 PM
  2. Shutting-down Phone
    By Myron in forum iPhone 3GS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 04:32 AM
  3. Shutting Phone Off Frequently??
    By EWyatt in forum iPhone Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 06:55 PM
  4. iPhone 4 Owners Getting Plenty of Satisfaction
    By Maura in forum iPhone News & Site News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 03:53 PM

Search tags for this page

iphone 4s shuts down at 50% battery

,

iphone 4s shuts off at 60%battery

,

iphone 4s shuts off when battery gets to 50%

,

iphone 5 shuts off at 40% battery

,

iphone cuts off at 37 percent battery life

,

iphone shuts off at 30%

,
iphone shuts off at 50%
,

why does my iphone turn off at 30

,

why does my iphone turn off at 40 percent

,

why does my iphone turn off at 50% battery

Click on a term to search for related topics.