I will first start off by saying that I did drop my phone 4 in the potty. Huge mistake but I'm over it already. Just wanting to get it fixed.
It is an 8gb white iphone 4 running the most recent update. Iphone was not, and has never been jailbroken before. All legit Apple software. Here are the steps I took and if anyone has any advice (besides just go buy a new one) then please do tell. I appreciate any response. Thanks!!
1. Shook it until nothing came out.
2. Let it dry in a tupperware bowl of rice for a day.
3. Let it dry in a bowl that was mixed with rice and damprid for 3 days.
4. Took it into the genius bar, where they told me it must have water damage (duh)
5. Attempted to turn the phone on, it turned on and insisted that I am setting it up as a new phone. Still have water droplets on the inside of the screen that were visible.
6. Brought it home and opened it up. Followed a VERY detailed video, step by step for water damage for the iphone 4.
7. Let the phone sit back in the tupperware with the damprid and rice for another 2 days.
8. Attempted to turn the phone on today, it wouldnt show anything on screen. I plugged it in and it turned right on suggesting that I set up the phone as a new phone again. Set it up, and was instructed to plug it into itunes. Once it's unplugged from the computer or outlet it turns itself off. It does however show its a full (or almost full) battery now.
9. Attempted the restore where I (over and over again) got the error 21.
10. Followed the instructions for my virus protection, checked the host file for things that weren't supposed to be there.
11. Put the phone into DFU mode where I then got error 3194.
12. downloaded the firmware online onto the computer and use Shift + click restore and selected the file of firmware that I had previously been using and got error 1602.
13. Uninstalled iTunes, restarted the computer and attempted to do a restore again. Itunes then gave me the error "iPhone could not be restored. Error 1602" after it sits at the "Verifying iphone with apple" stage of the restore.
I've checked my virus software. Running malware bytes (don't really want to uninstall it considering I can sync up and restore/back up other iphone fine). I've checked the host file and am not running an apple.ge (I believe that's what it was) files. Watched countless YouTube videos on this and cant come up with anything different. Its not jailbroken so I haven't tried the tinyumberella program.
The phone is now currently plugged into my computer and it sits on a black screen, then shows the apple logo, and is doing that over and over again.
I would take ANY and all suggestions. I've looked for an iphone 4 motherboard online and cant find one at all. Willing to try anything really. Thanks for your time!