To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: LOW volume problem.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    2960

    LOW volume problem.

    My brand new iphone 4 is wonderful, but when actually using it as a phone, I can't hear what the other person is saying. I have of course tried the volume button but can only adjust the volume very marginally. I can hear that there is a voice at the other end, but it's ridicilously low. I am not hearing impared... :-) Is there a master volume control somewhere?



  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    3156

    Smile To increase call speaker volume...

    Place a call. While the call is active, press the + button on the right upper side of the phone.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    19466

    Angry cannot change volume on Iphone 4 telephone

    The plus button on my new I4 does not change the volume at all. I tried as suggested while in a call and could detect no perceptible change in volume.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    7,028
    Member #
    11607
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcompton View Post
    The plus button on my new I4 does not change the volume at all. I tried as suggested while in a call and could detect no perceptible change in volume.
    Have u tried pushing down and notice any lowering volume and then pusg it up for making it louder?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    19548
    I'm a brand new member of the forum and have only had my iPhone for 2 days and having same problem of low volume - will be contacting Verizon and/or Apple today and will report back here. No volume buttons on right; volume buttons on left only seem to adjust ringer. Nothing for volume in any of the 'settings' etc. Looked everywhere. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    7,028
    Member #
    11607
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri G View Post
    I'm a brand new member of the forum and have only had my iPhone for 2 days and having same problem of low volume - will be contacting Verizon and/or Apple today and will report back here. No volume buttons on right; volume buttons on left only seem to adjust ringer. Nothing for volume in any of the 'settings' etc. Looked everywhere. Glad to know I'm not the only one.
    iOS 4.3??? go to: settings> sounds: there you will see a volume bar in blue.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kauai, HI
    Posts
    33
    Member #
    1414
    You have to be actively on a call to uncrease call volume. If you use volume keys outside of a call it will increase ringer only. Make a call and use volume key to increase while in your call.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    21482

    caller's voice volume

    bab2010, the volume setting in the sounds portion of settings adjusts the rings and alerts.
    When callers call, their voices are inaudible much of the time.
    There is no + in the upper right when a call is active.
    All volumes are maxed and callers are inaudible.

    I'm thinking of a couple of options:
    Inquire of Apple and see if they have an expensive accessory to raise the volume
    See if there's any other 3rd party way to increase a caller's voice volume
    See if there's an app designed to increase the caller's voice volume
    Read the manual again
    Use the headset
    Use the speaker

    Ideally, doubling the caller's voice volume somehow, internally, with an option would be good.

    Any app developers here?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,838
    Member #
    7795
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tildamanda View Post
    My brand new iphone 4 is wonderful, but when actually using it as a phone, I can't hear what the other person is saying. ?
    Depending on where you got the iP4, you can return and exchange it for another, since you obviously are within a 14 -- 30 day return period. If from an ATT or Verizon store, then you REALLY can test or exchange.

    If all else fails, get a good Bluetooth device and use it! Works like a charm.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    7,028
    Member #
    11607
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrubbaJub View Post
    bab2010, the volume setting in the sounds portion of settings adjusts the rings and alerts.
    When callers call, their voices are inaudible much of the time.
    There is no + in the upper right when a call is active.
    All volumes are maxed and callers are inaudible.

    I'm thinking of a couple of options:
    Inquire of Apple and see if they have an expensive accessory to raise the volume
    See if there's any other 3rd party way to increase a caller's voice volume
    See if there's an app designed to increase the caller's voice volume
    Read the manual again
    Use the headset
    Use the speaker

    Ideally, doubling the caller's voice volume somehow, internally, with an option would be good.

    Any app developers here?
    A 3rd party profile app from cydia is also capable of doing such thing on the phone. Incase you have a 3rd party app for profile uninstall it.


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Low volume on iPhone4
    By Bill in forum New Members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2010, 05:52 PM
  2. speaker volume
    By boondockbob in forum New Members
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 07:17 AM
  3. youtube volume
    By madams in forum iPhone Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 05:21 PM
  4. Phone call volume problem.
    By TungstenGT in forum iPhone Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 08:25 AM
  5. Volume Lock?
    By ShowChoir in forum iPhone General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 04:14 PM

Search tags for this page

how to increase volume on iphone
,
how to increase volume on iphone 4
,

iphone 4 volume

,
iphone 4 volume control
,

iphone 4 volume too low

,
iphone 4s volume problem
,

iphone volume

,

iphone volume low

,
iphone volume too low
,
volume on iphone
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread