To register for an account, click here...
    Member #

iphone/itunes question

I have an iPhone 4. When I first got my phone we were using a PC. When we had the PC I used a Zune player. I was able to export my Zune library over to my iTunes library. The old PC was a P O S, (if you know what I mean) so after I had synced my phone I deleted all of my music of the out of my iTunes library and PC because it was taking up so much space.

We have since purchased a iMac. The problem I am running into is I need to do updates for my iPhone. When I try to do this it wants to delete my entire library of music. It allowed me to export everything that I purchased from iTunes with the phone itself. But the other 2395 songs that I have will not export to my iTunes library on my iMac.

Is there any way to "sync" Phone to Computer so I don't lose all of my music to be able to do updates for my phone?

I have talked with Apple and they tried to talk me into purchasing their iTunes Match. But from what I understand is this works through iCloud, which I do not have on my phone till I do a software update (which I can't do without losing all of my music).

Any help please....

Super Moderator/Jailbreak Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    414 times
    While I'm not 100% sure... I'm almost certain there is a way to get your music from your iDevice to your computer. However, I can't recall at this time what that process is. Hang tight with us and I'm sure someone will chime in before too long with the right direction for you to go. :-)

Member #
    Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    You are using an iMac. Google for PhoneView, purchase it and download it and transfer all your musics from your iPhone to anywhere on your iMac. PhoneView works like a charm.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bab2010 View Post
    You are using an iMac. Google for PhoneView, purchase it and download it and transfer all your musics from your iPhone to anywhere on your iMac. PhoneView works like a charm.
    So sorry I never did thank you for this. PhoneView was absolutely amazing! Easiest thing ever and the best $20 I've
    spent.

Thank you so much!

Links