To register for an account, click here...
    Member #

iPhone 4s restore help

Hey everybody, my name is Enferno. I am new here but couldn't make a thread in 'New Members' because i need this issue solved urgently. So here it goes:
    I have this iPhone 4s which my cousin gave me to restore. It is passcode protected. The thing is, she received this phone from her dad and her dad doesn't remember the passcode. Also, somehow, it shows the message "This iPhone has been lost. Please call me".
    So i googled how to restore it( as i don't own an iPhone or any IOS device ).
    -First i tried some random passwords, but unfortunately it didn't work
    -Then i watched some bypassing videos on YouTube but they didn't work either
    -Then i tried connecting it(i don't have an iPhone cable, i connected it with my iPod cable) to iTunes and restoring it. I did it 3 times but it automatically disconnected itself.
    -I then downloaded the IOS 7 Beta 1 version and restored it in DFU by clicking shift+restore button but after extraction it gave this message "The iPhone 'iPhone' could not be restored. An unknown error occurred(3194)"
    -I even tried resetting the host files on my windows and disabling the antivirus but it showed the same message.
    P.S: I don't even know if it is jail broken or not. Does it matter?
    Now iam stuck, What should i do now? I hope this issue would be solved here, at least that's why I joined this forum.

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links
    Last edited by Enferno; 12-01-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    I'm afraid that without the Apple ID and password of the phone's original owner there's no way at all to restore it to working order.

This is the result of new security measures implemented by Apple with the introduction of iOS 7, which are designed to prevent the activation and use of the phone by anyone other than the legitimate owner. Unfortunately that also means that if the owner forgets his own password, the phone cannot be restored.
    I'm sorry that there is no way to help you in this situation.
    Please read the Forum rules before posting.http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/fo...r-rules-30950/

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by scifan57 View Post
    I'm afraid that without the Apple ID and password of the phone's original owner there's no way at all to restore it to working order.

This is the result of new security measures implemented by Apple with the introduction of iOS 7, which are designed to prevent the activation and use of the phone by anyone other than the legitimate owner. Unfortunately that also means that if the owner forgets his own password, the phone cannot be restored.
    I'm sorry that there is no way to help you in this situation.
    Are you sure? because i did it and restored it :P

Member #
    Moderators, please lock this thread as the issue has been solved

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Enferno View Post
    Did you discover the password to be able to restore the phone? I'm saying this because if you didn't have the password the phone cannot be restored by anybody or any means.
    Please read the Forum rules before posting.http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/fo...r-rules-30950/

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    987 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Enferno View Post
    Really? How did you restore it? What steps did you take?
    If you can stay calm while all around you is chaos then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

iPhoneforums Administrator.
    iPadforums Moderator.
    Appleforums Moderator

If any advice given by a member or a moderator helped with your problem let us know, It may help others.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonivy View Post
    Really? How did you restore it? What steps did you take?
    Quote Originally Posted by scifan57 View Post
    Did you discover the password to be able to restore the phone? I'm saying this because if you didn't have the password the phone cannot be restored by anybody or any means.
    No i didnt had the password. I first put it on DFU mode, then connected to itunes and clicked the restore button. It downloaded then installed

Links