To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vallejo, Ca
    Posts
    5,623
    Member #
    12732
    Liked
    77 times
    Can someone help me with this issue that I'm having I just plugged my iphone into my computer for the first time in weeks. Under the summary tab I'm getting 2.2gb of "other," i tried using diskaid but cant up find where that other is. I deleted my music using diskaid and that gave me a error when trying to sync the music back over. I fixed that issue with a hard reset but that 2.2gb is still there. can someone help me out? I'm trying not to restore.
    Last edited by iCrank; 08-07-2011 at 05:55 PM.
    iPhone4 16GB iOS 5 (stock) | iPad 64GB Wifi/3G 4.3.2 (redsn0w) | 13in White Macbook

    Forum Rules Here iPhoneForums staff



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,835
    Member #
    7795
    Liked
    21 times
    I don't know if this will help, since you've already adjusted your music data, but there may be something here you missed:
    Does your iPhone have too much 'other' memory? | Whalertly
    Let us know what you find out. Apparently this is a relatively common annoyance.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vallejo, Ca
    Posts
    5,623
    Member #
    12732
    Liked
    77 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EWyatt
    I don't know if this will help, since you've already adjusted your music data, but there may be something here you missed:
    Does your iPhone have too much 'other' memory? | Whalertly
    Let us know what you find out. Apparently this is a relatively common annoyance.
    Thanks for the help ewyatt. That's where I got the info about diskaid. I think im figuring out the issue. My phone has all my emails stored on it from 08. I'm in the process of deleting them now. Hopes this fixes that problem
    iPhone4 16GB iOS 5 (stock) | iPad 64GB Wifi/3G 4.3.2 (redsn0w) | 13in White Macbook

    Forum Rules Here iPhoneForums staff

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On a Lake in Alabama
    Posts
    5,864
    Game Center ID
    Darkstar3849
    Member #
    13529
    Liked
    314 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iCrank

    Thanks for the help ewyatt. That's where I got the info about diskaid. I think im figuring out the issue. My phone has all my emails stored on it from 08. I'm in the process of deleting them now. Hopes this fixes that problem
    Wow no wonder! Glad you figured out what the problem was iCrank!
    iPhone 5 16GB Black Unlocked iOS 6.1.4 STOCK!
    iPhone 4 16GB Black CDMA (iOS 7 Beta 2)
    iPad 4th Gen. 32GB Black Wifi only (Jailbroken on 6.1.2 with evasi0n)

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vallejo, Ca
    Posts
    5,623
    Member #
    12732
    Liked
    77 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar2007

    Wow no wonder! Glad you figured out what the problem was iCrank!
    It sucks. I cleaned out my email and its still there. Hey darkstar how did you do it. I'm flustered
    iPhone4 16GB iOS 5 (stock) | iPad 64GB Wifi/3G 4.3.2 (redsn0w) | 13in White Macbook

    Forum Rules Here iPhoneForums staff

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On a Lake in Alabama
    Posts
    5,864
    Game Center ID
    Darkstar3849
    Member #
    13529
    Liked
    314 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iCrank

    It sucks. I cleaned out my email and its still there. Hey darkstar how did you do it. I'm flustered
    Well I read an article a while back that showed everything I could check. Mine was temporary Internet files. Let me do some serious digging. I'll find that article for you.
    iPhone 5 16GB Black Unlocked iOS 6.1.4 STOCK!
    iPhone 4 16GB Black CDMA (iOS 7 Beta 2)
    iPad 4th Gen. 32GB Black Wifi only (Jailbroken on 6.1.2 with evasi0n)

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vallejo, Ca
    Posts
    5,623
    Member #
    12732
    Liked
    77 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar2007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iCrank

    It sucks. I cleaned out my email and its still there. Hey darkstar how did you do it. I'm flustered
    Well I read an article a while back that showed everything I could check. Mine was temporary Internet files. Let me do some serious digging. I'll find that article for you.
    ok thanks. i also have an idea what it could be. I synced my phone to two pcs and im thinking its the music that was left behind from the other pc
    iPhone4 16GB iOS 5 (stock) | iPad 64GB Wifi/3G 4.3.2 (redsn0w) | 13in White Macbook

    Forum Rules Here iPhoneForums staff

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On a Lake in Alabama
    Posts
    5,864
    Game Center ID
    Darkstar3849
    Member #
    13529
    Liked
    314 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iCrank

    ok thanks. i also have an idea what it could be. I synced my phone to two pcs and im thinking its the music that was left behind from the other pc
    It could be that, and since you have a big iTunes library you might have a lot of sub folders that's taking up space.
    iPhone 5 16GB Black Unlocked iOS 6.1.4 STOCK!
    iPhone 4 16GB Black CDMA (iOS 7 Beta 2)
    iPad 4th Gen. 32GB Black Wifi only (Jailbroken on 6.1.2 with evasi0n)

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On a Lake in Alabama
    Posts
    5,864
    Game Center ID
    Darkstar3849
    Member #
    13529
    Liked
    314 times
    Ok if you have iFile or ssh follow this path and see if you have a bunch of these sub folders. If you do follow these steps.

    /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music/

    You will see a bunch of numbered folders. Delete all of them, reboot your device and re-sync with iTunes.

    NEVERMIND! don't do this. I just tried to see if it'd work and it deleted all of my music. I didn't have much and the music backed up but it's a pain lol.
    Last edited by Darkstar2007; 08-07-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    iPhone 5 16GB Black Unlocked iOS 6.1.4 STOCK!
    iPhone 4 16GB Black CDMA (iOS 7 Beta 2)
    iPad 4th Gen. 32GB Black Wifi only (Jailbroken on 6.1.2 with evasi0n)

  10. #10
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On a Lake in Alabama
    Posts
    5,864
    Game Center ID
    Darkstar3849
    Member #
    13529
    Liked
    314 times
    What method are you using to ssh into your phone?
    iPhone 5 16GB Black Unlocked iOS 6.1.4 STOCK!
    iPhone 4 16GB Black CDMA (iOS 7 Beta 2)
    iPad 4th Gen. 32GB Black Wifi only (Jailbroken on 6.1.2 with evasi0n)


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 12:55 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 08:54 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 12:41 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 09:59 PM
  5. Is there a way to change iPhone4 fonts/font sizes without "jail-breaking?"
    By isabella.almendarez in forum iPhone General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 05:44 AM

Search tags for this page

clear other iphone
,
clear other memory on iphone
,

clear other on iphone

,
clearing other from iphone
,

clearing other on iphone

,

how to clear other from iphone

,
how to clear other in iphone
,

how to clear other on iphone

,
how to clear other on iphone 4
,
iphone clear other
Click on a term to search for related topics.