To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hidden / Disappeared contacts in "Contacts" folder, yet visible in "Recents" folder

Member #

Hidden / Disappeared contacts in "Contacts" folder, yet visible in "Recents" folder

Hello friends,

I've just encountered to a weird issue on my iphone 4 and I sincerely hope you are able to help me out!

It seems that majority of my contacts are not any longer visible in "contacts" folder, still they are visible in "recents" folder. Yet, I have a dozen of contacts left in the "Contacts" folder. I am under the impression that the only visible contacts are those from my business mailbox which is loaded on the phone.

Should you have an idea what the issue can be...please drop me a note.

Thanks a mil in advance!

Regards,
    Bobby

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Hi. Were your personal contacts in a certain email account or group? Go to contacts app and see if you can see a button on the top left that says Groups, and hit it and then select All Contacts

Member #
    When I go to "Contacts" and click on "Groups" button, there's an "exchange" which is a sign but not a button... and below there are 2 buttons - "Contacts" and "Exchange Global Address List". When I hit "Contacts", the limited list of left contacts appear.

I used to have a Iphone 3gs, I retrieved my contacts from my 3gs phone to iphone 4, so they haven't been in any email account or group.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by amstelex
    When I go to "Contacts" and click on "Groups" button, there's an "exchange" which is a sign but not a button... and below there are 2 buttons - "Contacts" and "Exchange Global Address List". When I hit "Contacts", the limited list of left contacts appear.

I used to have a Iphone 3gs, I retrieved my contacts from my 3gs phone to iphone 4, so they haven't been in any email account or group.
    Ok...what did you use to retrieve them? I mean what program?

Member #
    itunes...however, since i retrieved my contacts from my former iphone, I eventually lost my itunes because my pc broke and I haven't sync my iphone 4 up with itunes since then

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    itunes...however, since i retrieved my contacts from my former iphone, I eventually lost my itunes because my pc broke and I haven't sync my iphone 4 up with itunes since then
    I
    Best solution to backup contacts is a free app called MyContacts Backup from app store. Download it and see if it sees or counts all your contacts for backup

What ios are you on?

Member #
    just downloaded the app and it counted all my contacts (>200)...I backed them up but they are still not available / visible in the "Contacts folder. Did I do anything wrong? Why can't I still see them as before?

Member #
    ios -5.01

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    just downloaded the app and it counted all my contacts (>200)...I backed them up but they are still not available / visible in the "Contacts folder. Did I do anything wrong? Why can't I still see them as before?
    Ok listen. Did you email yourself the vcf file that the app made? If yes, go to your email and click on the attachment and it will ask you if you want it to restore/merge your contacts and click yes and tell me if you see them.

Also since you are on ios 5, you should have backed up contacts on icloud as well
    amstelex likes this.

Member #
    Thank you for the help, I don't know which of your advice worked, maybe all, but last I turned on iCloud back-up on my Contacts and then All contacts and ICloud contactts appeared in the Group field. Greetings from Bulgaria and once again thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links