To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: wet or damage sensors in iPhone 4s?

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire,England
    Posts
    8,448
    Member #
    35980
    Liked
    730 times

    wet or damage sensors in iPhone 4s?

    i have read several articles on the wet or damage sensors in iphone4 being activated by sweat ect not actually getting wet thereby tripping the sensors to red and voiding the warranty,this is quite worrying i think,does anyone know if 4s has these sensors,in 4 they are in the headphone jack and the dock connector,would appreciate feedback on this,thanks.



  2. #2
    Super Moderator/Jailbreak Expert
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    7,439
    Member #
    40789
    Liked
    414 times
    There's a well known how-to site (not naming any names) that has a very in depth, step by step teardown of the 4S. Showing the location of all the moisture strips. With that, it's not necessarily that the phone needs to get "wet" in order for the strips to activate. It's the "moisture" from anything the phone comes in contact with. Wither it be dropping it in the toilet, your kid spilling juice on it, having it in your sweaty pocket... or even using it on an iHome system in your bathroom while taking a shower (this one from personal experience). From what I can tell there are sensors in the bottom of the headphone & dock connections, as you mentioned. As well as 2-3+ internally.

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire,England
    Posts
    8,448
    Member #
    35980
    Liked
    730 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjtsi View Post
    There's a well known how-to site (not naming any names) that has a very in depth, step by step teardown of the 4S. Showing the location of all the moisture strips. With that, it's not necessarily that the phone needs to get "wet" in order for the strips to activate. It's the "moisture" from anything the phone comes in contact with. Wither it be dropping it in the toilet, your kid spilling juice on it, having it in your sweaty pocket... or even using it on an iHome system in your bathroom while taking a shower (this one from personal experience). From what I can tell there are sensors in the bottom of the headphone & dock connections, as you mentioned. As well as 2-3+ internally.
    thanks,can you inbox the name of the site please.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator/Jailbreak Expert
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    7,439
    Member #
    40789
    Liked
    414 times
    Message sent...
    Poisonivy likes this.

  5. #5
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire,England
    Posts
    8,448
    Member #
    35980
    Liked
    730 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjtsi View Post
    Message sent...
    thanks,good site that,i had a look at the breakdown and i could only see one strip that they pointed out,il check again,I'm sure theres more than one tho,i asked apple and they say there arnt any???no one seems to know definitively,i really would like to know tho so if you come across any more info could you let me know?thanks.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator/Jailbreak Expert
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    7,439
    Member #
    40789
    Liked
    414 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonivy View Post
    thanks,good site that,i had a look at the breakdown and i could only see one strip that they pointed out,il check again,I'm sure theres more than one tho,i asked apple and they say there arnt any???no one seems to know definitively,i really would like to know tho so if you come across any more info could you let me know?thanks.
    From what I could tell on that site... there is a white moisture strip on one side of the home button board and a red moisture strip on the other side of the home button board. While they don't nake reference to the headphone/data jacks having strips, I have "talk" on several sites about there being strips in those locations. I will, however, hit you up if I see anything definative on those. You're very welcome!

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire,England
    Posts
    8,448
    Member #
    35980
    Liked
    730 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjtsi View Post
    From what I could tell on that site... there is a white moisture strip on one side of the home button board and a red moisture strip on the other side of the home button board. While they don't nake reference to the headphone/data jacks having strips, I have "talk" on several sites about there being strips in those locations. I will, however, hit you up if I see anything definative on those. You're very welcome!
    thanks,in the mean while i am thinking of ordering an Otterbox defender case for my 4s,i read that they give protection to all the ports and are supposed to be very good,there are some i like the look of more but i think its important to protect my new baby.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    30
    Member #
    38713
    Liked
    3 times
    I have an Otterbox Defender Case and that is an awesome case. Granted you better still not drop it in the water, but if you splash liquid on it, no big deal.
    I would recommend that you search online (amazon) for that case. Don't waste $50 getting it at a retail store you can get to for around $20.
    Poisonivy likes this.

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On a Lake in Alabama
    Posts
    5,864
    Game Center ID
    Darkstar3849
    Member #
    13529
    Liked
    314 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonivy
    thanks,in the mean while i am thinking of ordering an Otterbox defender case for my 4s,i read that they give protection to all the ports and are supposed to be very good,there are some i like the look of more but i think its important to protect my new baby.
    I've been using the defender/commuter since March and I love these cases. The only complaints I have with the otterbox products is the dust and lint that gets trapped in the cases. Now the ports do stay lint free, but lint will somehow get trapped in between the back of the case and the back of the phone. I just take my phone out every other day and wipe the phone and case down.

    Though its a small price to pay to have this protection. I've had my iPhone take a couple of tumbles in the defender and it's come out unscathed each time. Besides I have big hands and I actually prefer the extra bulk! The cases look attractive IMO. Both of my cases are white/black. The white doesn't become stained over time either.

    Otterbox has great customer service as well. My first defender cases silicone was stretching out and otterbox sent me a whole replacement case for free! Well they have made a lifetime customer out of me!

    Hope this helps!
    Poisonivy likes this.
    iPhone 5 16GB Black Unlocked iOS 6.1.4 STOCK!
    iPhone 4 16GB Black CDMA (iOS 7 Beta 2)
    iPad 4th Gen. 32GB Black Wifi only (Jailbroken on 6.1.2 with evasi0n)

  10. #10
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire,England
    Posts
    8,448
    Member #
    35980
    Liked
    730 times
    Thankyou both,i was hoping to go to a store and buy one but no one stocks them in my town so i will have to make my first online purchase,i still dont know if there are moisture strips outside as well.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 4s warranty that covers scree damage
    By RhythmKyle in forum iPhone Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 05:37 PM
  2. iPhone 4 will not charge or turn on - Water damage
    By BTown77 in forum iPhone Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 05:12 AM
  3. Water damage Advise Please Iphone 4
    By nooky in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 05:30 AM
  4. Can cheap screen protectors damage the iphone
    By junglisharma in forum iPhone 4 Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 11:34 AM
  5. Camera Light Sensors on Back Affect Choice of Case?
    By Pseudo-Fed in forum iPhone General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 04:05 PM

Search tags for this page

faulty water sensors on iphone 4s
,
how to cover water sensor in iphone 4
,
iphone 4 wet sensor
,
iphone 4a 64gb liquid sensor
,
iphone 4s water damage sensor
,

iphone 4s water sensor

,
iphone 4s wet sensor
,
iphone did not get wet but not white in headphone jack
,
iphone moisture strip
,
water sensors on iphone 4s
Click on a term to search for related topics.