To register for an account, click here...
    Member #

Removing Photos from Camera roll on iPhone 5s

Ok...this shouldn't be hard to do.. I want to delete all the photos in camera roll at one time. I don't want to have to select each photo and hit delete. I would like to select "all" photos then hit delete to mass delete them all. Now this seems to be impossible. I've searched here and on the internet and nothing I've tried will work. I've tried the "uncheck sync photos" option in iTunes...don't work. I've tried the connecting to computer as a "hard drive/camera"..navigating to the DCMI folder, highlighting all photos and deleting...don't work. I'm on a WIndows PC by the way..I've tried the settings, general, usage, Photos & Camera, and swipe from left to right to produce a delete button....don't work. So besides downloading a $30 third party program to do this...is there a way to do it? Apple needs to fix this to be user friendly.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Signman View Post
    Ok...this shouldn't be hard to do.. I want to delete all the photos in camera roll at one time. I don't want to have to select each photo and hit delete. I would like to select "all" photos then hit delete to mass delete them all. Now this seems to be impossible. I've searched here and on the internet and nothing I've tried will work. I've tried the "uncheck sync photos" option in iTunes...don't work. I've tried the connecting to computer as a "hard drive/camera"..navigating to the DCMI folder, highlighting all photos and deleting...don't work. I'm on a WIndows PC by the way..I've tried the settings, general, usage, Photos & Camera, and swipe from left to right to produce a delete button....don't work. So besides downloading a $30 third party program to do this...is there a way to do it? Apple needs to fix this to be user friendly.
    I don't think there is a 'delete all' feature. You need to select all the pictures one by one after tapping 'edit' and then tap the 'delete' button when you finish selecting all.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    539 times
    Quote Originally Posted by behappy123 View Post
    I don't think there is a 'delete all' feature. You need to select all the pictures one by one after tapping 'edit' and then tap the 'delete' button when you finish selecting all.
    This. An alternative method to erase all photos without selecting them one at a time is to sync a blank folder on your computer to your device. Since there's nothing in the folder, the photo library will reflect the folder you synced over, which is nothing.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk
    iPhone 4S/iPad Mini 16 GB iOS 7.0.4 Evasi0n7||AppleTV2 iOS 5.2 Seas0nPass
    Use your common sense, Google, and the Search Bar
    willerz2@iphoneforums.net
    Please read and abide by the forum rules by clicking on the kitty->

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Settings> General> Usage> Photos> swipe to delete all content.

Yo may have to tap "show all apps".
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That didn't work. Unless I did something wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Just tried it now. Worked just fine for me. You have to tap on the Photos & Canera tab then swipe right/left to show the delete button on "Camera Role" "Photo Library" or "Photo Stream".
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Member #

Deleting Photos

Quote Originally Posted by zig9449 View Post
    Just tried it now. Worked just fine for me. You have to tap on the Photos & Canera tab then swipe right/left to show the delete button on "Camera Role" "Photo Library" or "Photo Stream".
    That does not work on the new 5s. Wish it did.

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Signman View Post
    That does not work on the new 5s. Wish it did.
    I'm sorry about that. That's a real bummer. Other than what other posters have suggested, I really don't know any other way to achieve this. I have never used iTunes to manage photos. I have always used the Dropbox app from the AppStore because managing photos with iTunes always seemed like such a hassle.

When I restore my phone or sync it(which I never do) no photos ever get synced, and should I want to have any of my photos in my Photos.app, I just open the Dropbox app and save them to the Camera roll from there, and if I have photos in my Camera roll that I want to keep, I just upload them to Dropbox so I always have those photos backed up and can access them anytime through the Dropbox app.

Member #
    Once you complete the backup, go back to your iPhone. Tap “Settings” -> “General” -> “Reset”. Select “Erase All Content and Settings” and tap “Erase iPhone” to confirm. You will see an Apple logo and a progress bar during the data removal process. Once completed, all the data on your iPhone are erased, try to erase iPhone data.
    But this way doesn't permanently erase iPhone data, to permanently erase iPhone photo, read this article: How to Permanently Delete iPhone Photo.
    When you synchronize your iPhone with iTunes then it automatically create backup of all data. As you say that you deleted your backup by yourself, then it can not berecovered with any manual method. There are also some reason by which stored data is deleted or corrupted due to some problem like storage disk failure, system problem and many more. So if your data is important for you and you really want to know how to restore contacts on iphone and create backup of your iPhone easily. I also use the iPhone Contact Recovery software for same problem and I successfully solved my problem. I hope this tool also solve your problem.

Member #
    If you wana delete a lot but not all photos try this: plug in iphone open iphoto (there's probs a similar option on windows, someone, please confim if you know) import the photos you want to DELETE from iphone, when it's done the option comes up 'delete or keep imported photos on iphone' click delete - done!
    Here's a good article that covers all of the useful ways of remove iPhone photos of Camera Roll.
    Hopefully it helps for you.
    Last edited by jimmyharod; 01-01-2014 at 02:10 AM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links