I'm planning on buying an iPhone 4 but I'm not sure how much data to get.
I've tried the online data calculators but I just can't seem to get a consistent answer. Some say 500mb should be plenty, while others say I should go for 1gb. So I think it's best to ask for your personal experience (taking into consideration the following things
- I am a high school student so I would use some data at school and on my 2hr total bus time to get to and from school (from 7:30am to 4:30pm), but I have wi-fi at home that I would use for the rest of my evenings and mornings (from 4:30pm - 7:30am).
- Based on my current internet usage on my iPod touch (that I'm getting rid of for an iPhone), I browse a pretty fair amount of webpages whenever I can get wi-fi (estimated at like 15/day) but that obviously depends on the day.
- I'm on facebook ALL THE TIME using the facebook for iPod/iPhone app (so it doesn't use as much data).
- I also love to watch youtube videos. It depends on the day, but I'd say a good 15mins/day (if not more some days) but that would mostly be when I'm at home so I'd be connected to that wi-fi.
- I don't use a lot of email, but I recieve about 10 emails/week and only send out about 1/2 as much (aka 5 emails/week).
- And after the first month I don't download apps really at all. Like maybe 2/month.
And that's about it!
So based on your personal experience or your extreme intelligence and my information given above, how much data do I need? 500mb or 1gb?
Thank you for your help!