To register for an account, click here...
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By iCrank
  • 1 Post By Priest

Thread: How do I transfer jpegs from my PC to my iPhone album?

Member #

Question How do I transfer jpegs from my PC to my iPhone album?

When I connect my iPhone4S via USB to my PC it appears as an external hard drive and I can copy pictures from the \DCIM directory, however I cannot paste pictures onto my iPhone.

A google search made it seem like I need a special app to do this.

Is this true, or is there a work-around (without jail-breaking)? If I need a 3rd party app or PC software, recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    The only way to put pictures onto the iPhone is to either use iTunes or ssh the pictures into the phone. The iPhone will not work as a external harddrive/USB unless jailbroken.
    adamajah likes this.
    iPhone4 16GB iOS 5 (stock) | iPad 64GB Wifi/3G 4.3.2 (redsn0w) | 13in White Macbook

Forum Rules Here iPhoneForums staff

Member #
    Got it. Thanks for your help!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You can also use an app like PhotoSync that will allow you to transfer photos to/from your iPhone.
    adamajah likes this.

Member #
    Apps like HappyFingers also works but you can also copy a file on a computer and paste it onto a message on your phone which isnt bad. works a bit like pcsuite used to.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Another great app is the app iFiles ($3.99, USD). Please note this is the app from the App Store, not the jail broke app from Cydia (this one has an "S" at the end).

Anyway.

With iFiles, you can set up the app to show up on your Windows PC as a networked drive, transfer via the web browser or transfer between devices. This transfer works for any file, not just pictures. If you have the app set up as a network drive, it is a simple drag 'n' drop action. And, it's two-way in that you can go from the PC to the phone and vice versa.

EDIT TO ADD: Once you get the file to the app on your phone, the app has an "Open In..." feature and a Save feature so you can, for example, save a photo to your Photo app or open a file in another app.

It's one of my favorite "get stuff back and forth apps. Of course and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn
    Black 32GB iPhone 5 & Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)

* * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Why not use the iCloud. You can then paste you pic in the upload folder on your PC and then it will be in your PhotoStream folder on your iPhone then you can save it to another folder. Can't get and easier than that.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
    Another great app is the app iFiles ($3.99, USD). Please note this is the app from the App Store, not the jail broke app from Cydia (this one has an "S" at the end).

Anyway.

With iFiles, you can set up the app to show up on your Windows PC as a networked drive, transfer via the web browser or transfer files between devices. This transfer works for any file, not just pictures. If you have the app set up as a network drive, it is a simple drag 'n' drop action. And, it's two-way in that you can go from the PC to the phone and vice versa.

EDIT TO ADD: Once you get the file to the app on your phone, the app has an "Open In..." feature and a Save feature so you can, for example, save a photo to your Photo app or open a file in another app.

It's one of my favorite "get stuff back and forth apps. Of course and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn
    Connect your iPhone in which you sync it to the PC. Don't use any other computer as you might end up loosing your data. Click the sidebar of the iPhone of iTunes, this is after a successful data cable iPhone connection. Click the photo tab on the snapshot as seen. Choose the photo folder to transfer to the iPhone, then on the sync button at the bottom right, click it in order to transfer the pictures to your iPhone.
    Last edited by iceromanty; 02-21-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links