This is a discussion on Forum Rules - Please Read! within the iPhone General Discussion forums, part of the iPhone Forum category; Welcome to iPhoneForums.net
The community on our forum is a great group of people that share the iphone4 as a common thread, and the use ...
The community on our forum is a great group of people that share the iphone4 as a common thread, and the use we put it through every day. Some of us have extended knowledge and experience with computers, Apple, and the operating system in general and we're all here to help to the best of our ability.
But before you start posting, please read these rules! If theres anything thats unclear, or if you're in doubt please feel free to message a moderator or administrator!
This is a privately owned forum. We reserve the right to accept or decline your membership application, so you are not guaranteed membership and your membership is subject to revocation.*
1. No content that is considered racist, obscene, x-rated, or objectionable will be tolerated. All such posts will be deleted without notice and the member who posted it will be banned. This includes avatars.
2. You will not violate a persons privacy by publishing information without permission that is private and personal unless you have evidence of a crime or scam. If you feel the need to do this, send one of our moderators a message before doing so.
3. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectively and thoughtfully.
4. Create threads in the proper forum. Threads created in the wrong forum are subject to deletion. One thread posted in multiple forums is subject to deletion.*
5. We have a zero-tolerance approach on SPAM. If you post spam, your account will be permanently banned and your topic will be deleted. If your only post once and that post is to advertise a product, this is SPAM and will be treated as such. Posting in the incorrect section will result in a warning and subsequent posts may result in a ban at the moderator's discretion. Thank you for understanding and helping us keep the forums spam free and organized!
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
Search before you post. If you are looking for an answer to a specific question, there’s a good chance that it has already been posted. First try a search using likely keywords. If it looks like the question hasn’t been answered, please post!
6. Do not send spam via private messages. See #5.
7. Do not promote your websites, domains, company, or services in any of the discussion forums. This includes starting a thread, replying to a post, or putting it in your signature. If a member is seeking assistance or looking for a certain type of product, the best way to offer your services is to send a PM. The only way people are allowed to advertise on this site is of they are paying to do so. And the owner is the only one who will make that call.
8. With the exception of news articles, promoting other iPhone4 related forums or blogs in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted. Doing so may result in a banning.
9. No charity/fundraising posts.
10. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.
11. Any abuse towards our staff and/or management will result in immediate suspension of your account.
12. Signature guidelines:
The maximum number of lines in a signature is 5.*
No external links or email addresses will be posted in signatures.
Do not put any kind of advertisements in signatures.*
Signature text should comply with our regular posting rules.*
Signature text that is too long or obtrusive will be removed.
This would include overly creative use of punctuation, color, etc. which make the signature too flashy*
If your signature is in violation of any of these new rules, the Staff may remove it without prior notice.
13. No external links or email addresses will be posted in thread titles
14. DO NOT advertise anything that costs money. Anyone trying to use iPhone4forum to*advertise their paid app or any other item for sale will be banned and their posts will be deleted. The only exception is approved items posted in the iPhone4 App Store section
15. If you have any questions as to whether something is acceptable, please message a moderator.
16. We welcome hacking, jailbreaking, etc discussions but draw the line at piracy. —-> *Any discussion of software piracy or other criminal activities will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate ban! You have been warned. <—
17. Links to upgrades for BETA software will be deleted. User will receive one warning. A second warning will lead to being banned.
Note: These rules are subject to change.
You may or may not be notified if action or actions are needed to be taken. Moderators and Administrators have the final word. If you have a problem or a complaint please direct it to the administrators instead of posting in the public forums. They will quickly take the appropriate actions to resolve the issue in a private and discreet manner.
Most of all....Have fun and enjoy the forums!
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!
Last edited by Col.bris; 10-07-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Reason: updated to reflect beta software links