To register for an account, click here...
    Member #

Exclamation Factory Unlock Sprint Iphone 4s

Hellow Everyone.

I was wondering if Iphone 4s from Sprint bought LOCKED can be factory unlocked?

Bought from USA, will be used in Dominican Republic (Caribbean).

Hope someone can help.

Dani-

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    No. It will be locked to Sprint. If you bought the phone without it being activated on a carrier then you have to choose either Verizon or Sprint. I don't know if there is a CDMA carrier in DR that can use an iPhone CDMA.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by zig9449 View Post
    No. It will be locked to Sprint. If you bought the phone without it being activated on a carrier then you have to choose either Verizon or Sprint. I don't know if there is a CDMA carrier in DR that can use an iPhone CDMA.
    Very well, Thank you

Member #
    Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, that if you want to get your iPhone factory unlocked, you don't have to be an sprint customer. It's not free, but it won't cost you an arm either.

To date, I spent about $100 on gevey sims (including the various fakes ones I received from dishonest ebay sellers. Not to mention all the time and effort I wasted trying to get them to work) on my iPhone 4s alone. The factory unlock was cheap and reliable and now unlocked and the service is PAINLESS like it should be! Plus once you're done, you can configure your MMS and internet settings without any issues.

There are tons of 3rd party vendors online offering the service. I can't vouch for all of them, but this is the site I used to unlock mine:
    Pwnagetool - Sprint iPhone 4S Factory Unlock | Pwnagetool

The entire process took about an hour, and doesn't require any unlock code. You just have to hook your phone up to iTunes once your phone is finished unlocking. I've restored my phone a few times, and the unlock always stayed. Hopefully this solves any of your iPhone sprint related problems

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew leon
    Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, that if you want to get your iPhone factory unlocked, you don't have to be an sprint customer. It's not free, but it won't cost you an arm either.

To date, I spent about $100 on gevey sims (including the various fakes ones I received from dishonest ebay sellers. Not to mention all the time and effort I wasted trying to get them to work) on my iPhone 4s alone. The factory unlock was cheap and reliable and now unlocked and the service is PAINLESS like it should be! Plus once you're done, you can configure your MMS and internet settings without any issues.

There are tons of 3rd party vendors online offering the service. I can't vouch for all of them, but this is the site I used to unlock mine:
    Pwnagetool - Sprint iPhone 4S Factory Unlock | Pwnagetool

The entire process took about an hour, and doesn't require any unlock code. You just have to hook your phone up to iTunes once your phone is finished unlocking. I've restored my phone a few times, and the unlock always stayed. Hopefully this solves any of your iPhone sprint related problems
    Pwnagetool is a custom ipsw program for mac. Not an unlocking program

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cherlloydfan1 View Post
    Pwnagetool is a custom ipsw program for mac. Not an unlocking program
    This.. makes no sense to recommend Pwnagetool for that
    Thinking about getting the new iPhone 5!

Links