To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hard by the Elk Fork of the Salt River, Missouri
    Posts
    20
    Member #
    21424
    Liked
    1 times

    photos upside down

    When I take a photo on my iPhone4 is shows up correctly in my photo album. When I email it the picture is upside down. I go into Microsoft Paint and rotate the picture and save it. If I upload that photo to Facebook it is upside down again even though when I look at it in the Pictures directory on my laptop it is right side up. What can I do about this Gemlin?



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,209
    Member #
    30589
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickstir
    When I take a photo on my iPhone4 is shows up correctly in my photo album. When I email it the picture is upside down. I go into Microsoft Paint and rotate the picture and save it. If I upload that photo to Facebook it is upside down again even though when I look at it in the Pictures directory on my laptop it is right side up. What can I do about this Gemlin?
    Now that is a strange problem. Only thing I could think of "besides restoring" is to "reset all settings" in Settings> General> Reset> Reset All Sertings. That might work.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte burb
    Posts
    1,177
    Member #
    21303
    Liked
    54 times
    You really should not stand on your head when taking pics...doesn't that hurt? LOL j/k!

    Here is an explanation.
    Why does my iPhone take upside-down photos? | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

    I am assuming you are using the volume button to take the pics? You should orient them on the bottom to fix this issue until Apple gets this bug figured out.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    76
    Member #
    59015
    Liked
    1 times
    You can whirl it to correct status with photoshop.
    Better and Better

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Member #
    38574
    If you copy from your album and paste in your email message it works that way. If not you can get mail my photo app free and use it. Mine was always sideways when I mailed from the album. You have to hold your finger and press copy that way to do it. Not from the option in the album itself to copy and share.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,209
    Member #
    30589
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rpw63
    If you copy from your album and paste in your email message it works that way. If not you can get mail my photo app free and use it. Mine was always sideways when I mailed from the album. You have to hold your finger and press copy that way to do it. Not from the option in the album itself to copy and share.
    You don't need a 3rd party app to rotate the picture. IOS 5 already has this feature in the photos app. It has an editing button.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9
    Member #
    26387
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayeyes View Post
    You really should not stand on your head when taking pics...doesn't that hurt? LOL j/k!

    Here is an explanation.
    Why does my iPhone take upside-down photos? | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

    I am assuming you are using the volume button to take the pics? You should orient them on the bottom to fix this issue until Apple gets this bug figured out.
    Any idea when Apple will get around to it...very annoying.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    35
    Member #
    59907
    Being that it isnt a apple issue, they obviously wont "fix" it - as its not broken.

    Edit - you need to chase Microsoft (etc?) to fix their codecs that are ignoring the EXIF information - Apple codecs already read the exif information properly (afterall, they arnt upside down on your iphone/pad when displayed, as your iphone is reading the direction of the image properly from the EXIF info unlike others...)
    Last edited by prawns; 03-05-2012 at 06:26 AM.
    Eagles may fly.....But Prawns dont get sucked into Jet engines!

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte burb
    Posts
    1,177
    Member #
    21303
    Liked
    54 times
    I hear what you're saying, but as CNET explains....

    "As for the cause, there's much debate over whether it's Apple's fault for setting the images' EXIF flags incorrectly or Windows' fault for failing to read them properly. Like most users, I really don't care--I just want it dealt with. And, let's face it, the onus is on Apple to implement the fix in the next iOS update."

  10. #10
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,369
    Member #
    16690
    Liked
    467 times
    CNET also explains:
    Actually, the remedy is fairly straightforward: keep the iPhone "right-side up" when snapping photos or recording videos--meaning with the volume buttons pointed down.
    The issue is the definition of up. To the users, up is relative to the top of the screen. But in reality up is when the volume buttons are down and the home button is to the physical right of the person facing the display. It has been that way for years.

    The simple fix of course is to mark the picture as always up regardless of how the person holds the phone. The reality is the phone has to know orientation to properly function under all conditions. Personally I would rather see them simply place an icon for where up is.
    Facts are the first casualty of bad information.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Upside-down picture...
    By Kastefam in forum iPhone Camera
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 08:23 AM
  2. Can't edit photos, and video is upside down
    By imogul in forum iPhone Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 07:05 AM
  3. Emailed Photos On 4S Upside Down?
    By mfterka in forum iPhone Camera
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:39 PM
  4. Upside-down question mark
    By Vernon in forum iPhone Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 12:28 AM

Search tags for this page

edit upside down pic

,

facebook, post picture is upside down

,

how do i fix my iphone from upside down pictures

,

my e-mail picture is upside down what should i do

,
my photos are upside down in posts?
,

my pictures are upside down on facebook

,
photo showing up upside down facebook
,
posted image is upside down
,
why are the pictures i upload to my facebook album upside down
,
why do my iphone pictures load upside down
Click on a term to search for related topics.