To register for an account, click here...
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    247
    Member #
    2628
    Liked
    1 times

    Wanting an app like Google Sky Map

    So I was playing with my friends Evo yesterday, he had this app and I was obsessed
    we were literally outside for 30min-1 hour messing around with our beautiful galaxy

    my question is, is there a app like this for the iPhone?
    Some recomended me Star Walk but from my understanding (youtube vids) is that you can't tilt your phone to see like what's above you or under you?
    that's the main feature I liked about the Google Sky Map.

    I want to be able to point my iPhone to the Moon and it showing me the Moon on my iPhone, make sense?


    Price is not an issue, I'm willing to spend 100 bucks on this!!! app was SOOOOOOOOO COOL!!



  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tupelo, MS
    Posts
    34
    Member #
    447
    That would be Star Walk. I have it and it does augmented reality. Whereever u point ur phone, it will show u what is there. Now this only works on the iPhone 4. I do not know if it does on the 3GS. I think it does.
    iPhone 4 32G

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    247
    Member #
    2628
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloved View Post
    That would be Star Walk. I have it and it does augmented reality. Whereever u point ur phone, it will show u what is there. Now this only works on the iPhone 4. I do not know if it does on the 3GS. I think it does.
    PERFECT!
    thanks!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17
    Member #
    1504
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloved View Post
    That would be Star Walk. I have it and it does augmented reality. Whereever u point ur phone, it will show u what is there. Now this only works on the iPhone 4. I do not know if it does on the 3GS. I think it does.
    PERFECT!
    thanks!
    I was using Google Sky Map on my Droid and it worked pretty well. But with Star Walk I noticed when you are looking "through" the display to the stars, it is much more accurate with where it is pointed. I actually like it more then Google's version.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    247
    Member #
    2628
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mkleist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloved View Post
    That would be Star Walk. I have it and it does augmented reality. Whereever u point ur phone, it will show u what is there. Now this only works on the iPhone 4. I do not know if it does on the 3GS. I think it does.
    PERFECT!
    thanks!
    I was using Google Sky Map on my Droid and it worked pretty well. But with Star Walk I noticed when you are looking "through" the display to the stars, it is much more accurate with where it is pointed. I actually like it more then Google's version.
    Reallly??
    That's awesome
    now I can show it off to my friend and his Evo

    I seriously cannot wait till my iPhone gets here ><
    it's driving me INSANEEE!!
    RAWWWR
    I made a countdown for it :P
    http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html?year=2010&month=09&date=10&hrs=0&ts =24&min=0&sec=0&tz=local&lang=en&show=dhms&mode=t& cdir=down&bgcolor=#CCFFFF&fgcolor=#000000&title=Co untdown%20To
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    39
    Member #
    2319
    Is Star Walk enhanced for the retina display? Has anyone tried both this and pocket universe to report back what's the best one to learning about what you are looking at in the sky realtime?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tupelo, MS
    Posts
    34
    Member #
    447
    I do believe it is for retina. It is vert sharp and clear on my iPhone 4. It is all also done in real time, has bookmarks, and I have been able to use it without both cell service or wi-fi. It also uses the compass features as well as the gyro. I haven't used pocket universe yet, don't know if I will since I like star walk so much.
    iPhone 4 32G

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    247
    Member #
    2628
    Liked
    1 times
    When my iPhone 4 gets in I'll be buying both so I'll let you know if u can wait
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    126
    Member #
    2648
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
    When my iPhone 4 gets in I'll be buying both so I'll let you know if u can wait
    Cool, thanx


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Google Releases Google Places With Hotpot for iPhone
    By Maura in forum iPhone News & Site News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 04:30 PM
  2. Map ~ Google App
    By airpix in forum iPhone Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 12:12 PM
  3. wanting to know about mywi 4.0 on Cydia
    By need help in forum iPhone Apps
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 01:25 PM
  4. Google Goggles Available Now via Google Mobile App
    By Maura in forum iPhone News & Site News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 12:59 PM

Search tags for this page

google sky app for iphone
,
google sky app iphone
,
google sky for iphone
,

google sky iphone

,
google sky iphone app
,
google sky map app for iphone
,
google sky map for iphone
,

google sky map iphone

,
google sky maps for iphone
,
google stars app iphone
Click on a term to search for related topics.