To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Siri Alternative for Handsfree Texting, Music, and Calling

vokul is the first 100% handsfree app for your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad that allows you to DJ music and podcasts, dictate text messages, and call contacts in your address book, without pressing any buttons! Unlike Siri, vokul works on many iOS devices, including the iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3rd generation, and iPad.

vokul is fast, accurate, and tuned for noisy environments - like your car. With vokul, you can dictate and send text messages with ease. vokul's entirely voice-driven interface and clear voice prompts ensure text message accuracy, without requiring any distracted screen glances or button presses.

Use vokul's simple voice commands to control your device's media player, even while audio is playing. You can search for a song or podcast to play, skip backward and forward within a track, navigate between tracks, pause/resume playback, speed up or slow down podcasts, and much more!

vokul's new Fitness Mode even allows you to adjust the playback tempo of your music, using voice commands, to match your workout pace.

Get vokul now - just $2.99 in the App Store.

Also, please check out our website - www.vokulnation.com.

Member #
    I wonder if this really works anyone ever try this before?

Member #
    I've been looking for a handsfree app for iPhone (something like vlingo in-car for Android) for some time. I found this app the other day and have been using it nonstop. The recognition is awesome and the handsfree texting is very useful. I just wish that it could read incoming texts. Apparently, this is a limitation imposed by Apple. Anyway, I'd highly recommend it. It's especially useful while running. And for controlling music playback, it has Siri beat.
    Last edited by tuss; 12-27-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Member #
    anyone else also used this?
    (sorry above poster, u just signed up and have 1 post)

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    1.99 in the app store. I'd have to see how many people think this is a good app before I spend that kinda money to find out its useless. *maybe 12 days of Christmas could give it us free* (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte
    iHolophyte

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iHolophyte
    1.99 in the app store. I'd have to see how many people think this is a good app before I spend that kinda money to find out its useless. *maybe 12 days of Christmas could give it us free* (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte
    Just downloaded. It is truly hands free as you can set it to always listen. Lots of options under settings It has a pleasant female voice and she can hear you above the volume of iPod music and background noise (car) etc. and is fairly accurate with dictation. Love the music speed up/down control. Can't wait to see what they add in future updates. Possibly find a workaround for READING texts aloud? Until I can get Siri I will have to get all multiple voice activated apps I can to compensate for not being able to get Siri! Lol. **** of 5

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It sounds brilliant!

However, I'll wait for some review to see if it is as powerful ad it was introduced.

Another problem is, to be frank, I am not confident of my pronunciation cos I have a little bit Chinese accent.

It prevents me use Siri effectively and I spent quite long time make it recognize me accent.

So is there any trial version?

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgebb View Post
    It sounds brilliant!

However, I'll wait for some review to see if it is as powerful ad it was introduced.

Another problem is, to be frank, I am not confident of my pronunciation cos I have a little bit Chinese accent.

It prevents me use Siri effectively and I spent quite long time make it recognize me accent.

So is there any trial version?
    I keep looking at it and my thumbs hoovering over the purchase button. But like you I wanna make sure it's good. I suppose only real way to know that is buy it (laughs out loud) I'm a right Scrooge!

iHolophyte
    iHolophyte

Member #
    Just tuned in - please send me a PM if you want to talk about the app before purchasing.

Member #
    Hi All
    I just purchased Vokul. I bit the bullet and cost 1.99. I must admit that it copes with my Northern Irish accent surprisingly well. I have set it to always be running in the background so will let you know how that eats the battery. So far it has done everything that I have asked it to, make calls, send texts and play music. It's not siri but a good start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links