To register for an account, click here...
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scifan57

Thread: iTunes

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

iTunes

How can I permanently delete iCloud songs from my iTunes? I already had them deleted with ios6, but upon downloading ios7, they reappeared & there doesn't seem to be any way to get rid of them. Very frustrating!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    If you are talking about songs that you previously purchased and no longer want, you can't permanently delete them. Any song purchased through iTunes remains in your purchased history and can be re-downloaded again for free, if desired.

While you can't permanently delete items in your purchase history, you can hide them so they won't appear on your devices. This thread has instructions on how to do so. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4919
    Last edited by scifan57; 12-07-2013 at 02:59 AM.
    ardchoille likes this.
    Please read the Forum rules before posting.http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/fo...r-rules-30950/

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scifan57 View Post
    If you are talking about songs that you previously purchased and no longer want, you can't permanently delete them. Any song purchased through iTunes remains in your purchased history and can be re-downloaded again for free, if desired. While you can't permanently delete items in your purchase history, you can hide them so they won't appear on your devices. This thread has instructions on how to do so. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4919
    Will this method prevent them from coming up in my shuffle? That's my biggest gripe.

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    Quote Originally Posted by christa7766 View Post
    Will this method prevent them from coming up in my shuffle? That's my biggest gripe.
    Remove them from your device and they shouldn't come up in your shuffle, that's what I do and it works here.
    iPhone 4S - 16GB, White | iPhone 5 - CDMA/LTE, 16GB, White | iPad mini - WiFi, 16GB, White | iPad 4 - CDMA/LTE, 16GB, White | Apple TV
    Forum Rules

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you! One more iTunes question - do you know if there is a way to uncheck a group of songs in one fell swoop? It looks like you should be able to by clicking on the checkmark at the top of a column of songs, such as in a playlist, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm thinking there must be a way to do this.

Links