To register for an account, click here...
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

iPhone 5 wifi connection dropping

I got my iPhone 5 today and set it up no problems, much like i've done in the past to my other iDevices.

The issue I seem to have is that whenever I go out of wifi range, turn on airplane mode, or turn off wifi, I have to re-enter my wifi password when I want to connect again. The device completely fails to auto-connect.

I don't have this issue with any of my other iDevices or other phones/laptops etc.

I'm getting a solid three out of three bar signal when it finds the wifi.

I'm using a Netgear DG834GT router and I have tried a factory reset on the iPhone, reset netowrk settings and reboot.

Has anyone else experienced this issue yet please? If so, any help on a resolution would be appreciated please.

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Well, no. Mine has remembered the wireless network and password with no problem. Even when I pulled the sim card out (don't ask). Have you tried leaving it on wifi, leaving the area and see if it reconnects automatically? I don't know how that will resolve the problem but I don't see you mention that on your post.
    My name is for the birds. It's not Bill. Please just call me "hook." And remember to be respectful. We are all here to help each other.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi Hookbill, thank for the response. Yes, I tried that. In fact, that was how I found the issue in the first place. I got my phone this morning and then went out shopping. When I came back it required me to enter the password.

Saying this though, I have just found what seems to be a fix. I've added the router manually by entering the SSID then password. It seems to keep connected even after going out of range/airplane mode/wifi off. I guess I will monitor it and see how it goes.

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Nice fix. Glad it worked for you. I have a spot where I sit in the house I called the dead zone. When I started using Android phones I never lost wifi connection. iPad doesn't lose it either. But I think the iPhone 5 may have. I went back to settings and it said not connected. I tapped and connected.

I wonder if there are short cuts to the menu to turn on wifi without going to settings?
    My name is for the birds. It's not Bill. Please just call me "hook." And remember to be respectful. We are all here to help each other.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links