To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How to transfer contact pictures from Droid X to iPhone 5?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

How to transfer contact pictures from Droid X to iPhone 5?

Hello,

I just bought iPhone 5. The old phone is Droid X. I am using Google for contact synchronization. My goal is to transfer pictures associated with contacts from Droid X to iPhone. I assume that I should not care about about contacts itself since when I setup Google on iPhone it'll be synced.
    Need help to this procedure: when I open Droid X connected to PC I don't see those picture and I'm not sure where they are stored ... either on card or in main memory.
    Could you please help me with this procedure?
    I'm not positive that pictures from contacts from Google will be transferred automatically to my phone. I suggest that I should do it manually.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by susja View Post
    Hello,

I just bought iPhone 5. The old phone is Droid X. I am using Google for contact synchronization. My goal is to transfer pictures associated with contacts from Droid X to iPhone. I assume that I should not care about about contacts itself since when I setup Google on iPhone it'll be synced.
    Need help to this procedure: when I open Droid X connected to PC I don't see those picture and I'm not sure where they are stored ... either on card or in main memory.
    I'm not positive that pictures from contacts from Google will be transferred automatically to my phone. I suggest that I should do it manually.

Thanks
    Well, Droid X is a Google phone, right? So when you do your sync on iTunes tell it to get your contacts from Google, because those pictures should be with with your gmail contacts. Just select the sync to Google Contacts (I think it's the second tab in iTunes) when your device is connected to iTunes and you click on it.
    My name is for the birds. It's not Bill. Please just call me "hook." And remember to be respectful. We are all here to help each other.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    484 times
    Hello,

Thanks
    Pictures and ringtone settings do not transfer from Android to iOS when using Google Contacts. You will have to reset each one manually.

And if you no longer have the original picture used in your Android gallery, then you will have to start over. Because the pictures used for contacts are stored in a SQL Lite database table that is not transferable between phones. That's how you can delete a picture from the gallery yet still have the contact picture in Android.
    Facts are the first casualty of bad information.

Member #
    One workaround is if you use Facebook. You can update\sync your contact info and then turn off the syncing.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    484 times
    You don't get to pick the Facebook photo you want shown if memory serves. It uses whatever the person has set. Which can be a picture of anything but themselves.
    Facts are the first casualty of bad information.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    - Skull One,
    You answer disappointed me
    Well it looks that I should not care about contacts but I will have an issue with pictures. Well ... not good ... and based on your explanation they are gone ( in my case ) because I don't see it in Galery.
    I don't use Facebook and don't want to join it just in sake of this
    Will have to think to find some work around to get those pictures ... kind of odd that I do have it associated with contacts but can't get it ...
    Anyway thanks a lot for explanation.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

How to transfer contact pictures from Droid X to iPhone 5?

No need for the pictures lol

Member #
    - Skull One,
    You answer disappointed me
    Well it looks that I should not care about contacts but I will have an issue with pictures. Well ... not good ... and based on your explanation they are gone ( in my case ) because I don't see it in Galery.
    I don't use Facebook and don't want to join it just in sake of this
    Will have to think to find some work around to get those pictures ... kind of odd that I do have it associated with contacts but can't get it ...
    Anyway thanks a lot for explanation.
    Use dropbox or googe drive for pictures. I just got my I5 today and it worked fine for me.

Skull One you're right I forgot it uses their profile pic.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well Dropbox would be fine but I have no pictures to put into it.
    I noticed in google contact where I do see my contacts with pictures I could save each picture locally on PC and then (I think) I should be able somehow associate those pictures with contacts on iPhone

Member #
    Oh I thought you were looking to move regular pictures too. Well just think of it as a new beginning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links