To register for an account, click here...
    Member #

Google Voice and Iphone 5

I have the newest Ipad and now the Iphone 5, Before the Iphone 5 I had a droid X, on the droid X through google voice I would get a text of my voicemails. it would transcribe the message and send it to me in a text or an email on my phone. I would not have to look at the tablet to get the voice mail.

I cannot figure out how to get the voice mails to come as a text or email on the new iphone 5. Am I missing a button somewhere or something. I would hate to have to open the ipad every time to read a voice mail

Thank you in advance
    Sandy

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You might have to log into the Google voice website and check your settings. I'm assuming you have the Verizon version of the Iphone 5. If you switched carriers you will have to set up it for that carrier. When I had the Iphone 4 on Verizon Google voice worked well. I've never tried it on At&t so I guess I will find out when I get my phone.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    There is a Google Voice app if you haven't found that yet. I use it on my 4S and it works great. I get the emails and also has a tag at the top of the icon to show how many voicemails are waiting.

Member #

Google Voice Help

Qnet,

I have tried everything and I cannot figure out the problem, it is not transcribing the voice mails at all and I deleted the google voice and started all over and it still isnt working. I really need the google voice to transcribe the voice mail messages. I dont want to have to pull out the big Ipad every time i get a voice mail and I can't always call into the voice mail to get the messages. Yes it is Verizon and it was verizon before too.

any help will be appreciated

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spoilingpets
    Qnet,

I have tried everything and I cannot figure out the problem, it is not transcribing the voice mails at all and I deleted the google voice and started all over and it still isnt working. I really need the google voice to transcribe the voice mail messages. I dont want to have to pull out the big Ipad every time i get a voice mail and I can't always call into the voice mail to get the messages. Yes it is Verizon and it was verizon before too.

any help will be appreciated
    Have you tried dialing *004*xxx-xxx-xxxx# then press call. (We're the xxx is your google voice number). It will give you a pop up message saying it setup. I set this up on my iPhone 5 today and it worked. I only use google voice for voicemails.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't have the iphone5, so I don't know.

Member #
    I think I am confused people dial my regular phone number from Verizon no one has the google voice number. I have had my number for years and didnt want to change it. so if I do the forward thing does that mean people have t actually dial the google voice number? I dont remember doing that with my Droid X

I love techology, but unfortunately it does not love me back!!!!

Thank you

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links