To register for an account, click here...
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Who Bought The Extended Warranty For Their iPhone

I just got my new iPhone 4S Feb. 24. Had a long 5 day wait since Apple insisted on shipping it to me. Anyway when I first setup my account with AT&T I opted out of the "insurance". You know the one I'm talking about. The replace it no matter what happens to insurance they charge (well at least me anyway) $7.00 a month for. Well after what a week of having my 4S I decided I should go ahead and get the insurance before my 30 day window to add it to my plan ran out. And I tell ya somehow I feel a lot better having it.

If ANYTHING happens to my iPhone 4S I get a new.

And I actually feel better.

Has anyone else either opted out of, or, opted in of the optional protection plan offered by your service provider?

Of course the question applies to people that got their iPhone through one of the authorised service providers. So you who are useing "unlocked" iPhones would probably not have that option.

SO!

Did you or did you not get insurance?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I would have gotten it but I am on Sprint and they do not (or at least didn't) offer insurance for the iPhone when I got it at launch. Stinks because I have always had insurance on my phones and have had to use it. The only downside is that they usually send you a refurb as a replacements.
    iPhone 4s 64GB White (Jailbroken), The "New iPad" 16GB Black (Stock For Now!), iPad 2 16GB White (soon to be donated to my mom) Past devices: HTC Hero, HTC Evo, HTC Evo 3D, ASUS Transformer.

Banned
    Member #
    I got it for the wife & I (Verizon, 9+ bucks each/month).
    I'm always leary about what insurace will cover, and it's always asked by the clerk in such a casual manner. I mean, you're standing there making a huge purchase (2 iphones and renewing your contract), you just wanna leave and go play with your new toy, and that question comes up. "Wow, really? No matter WHAT happens? Well sure, yeah, I mean we'd be dumb not too, right?..." But there's like ten thousand words in fine print about the insurance that I honestly havn't read!
    I will read it of course, eventually, I suppose after the novelty of my new "I can't put the damned thing down!" toy has worn off. lol
    Honestly, I treat these things like they're the only one on Earth. The slightest blemish will drive me nuts. The wife, however, will just toss the thing in her purse. Drives me absolutely nuts!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Let us know what that "fine print" says. I am going back to read mine now. Good point.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Protect my bubble are supposed to be good

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠

Member #
    I bought apple care when I first purchased my phone through sprint , and I had it replaced once for stuck pixels. Then I upgraded to a white 64gb from a 16 using a friends upgrade and they transferred the apple care to the 64gb no problem. Well I decided I wanted a black 4s , and sold my 64 and bought a Brand new 32gb 4s, but they wouldn't transfer the apple care to the 32gb but they would for the 64, and nowhere in the fine print does it say its not transferable. I argued with apple for a good hr or 2 and got a free iPod nano touch and my $104 refund. Of course I bought apple care again, and I think it's worth it, no other manufacturer offers that kind of warranty! I personally feel relieved that my iPhone is covered for accidental damage and also extended tech support!

Member #
    I also purchased the apple care for the two iPhone 4Ss when I got them from Sprint. The thing is when ever I got new phones from Sprint in the past they were always covered by their total protection plan which runs around $7.00 a month. But I was told it wasn't available for the iPhone and had to get the Apple care, which at $99.00 turns out to be cheaper. But I'm not sure which is a better plan.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links