To register for an account, click here...
    Member #

Iphone 4s storing contacts

Im having this problem when i save a contact and that person calls me and it will not show up under their name but rather it will just show their phone number which i dont understand why especially if their already in my contact book. Also why does the phone automatically add +1 before each number that i save after its been saved?

Member #
    Did you enter their first and last name in the correct fields of contact page containing that number? The 1 is being added because the international assist feature to on. One is the international country code for the USA. This allows you to call from another country to the USA without having to dial any additional numbers You can turn it off in SETTINGS, PHONE and look for INTERNATIONAL ASSIST

Member #
    I am having this same problem with phone calls and text messages - name not being attached to number despite being accurately entered in my contacts. Cannot figure out how to fix it. I have deleted contacts and re-added them using the number attached to the text message and it doesn't change a thing. Really irritating as I don't know any phone numbers.

Please help...

Member #
    I'm also having the same problem! I guess no one came up with a solution or idea to fix this ?
    Thanks

Member #
    Well, count me in with this club. I have just one particular contact that shows up as "unknown" when I receive a text message. Every other text message I receive shows their name as it is entered into my contacts and all of my contacts are enetered exactly the same. I have also tried to delete and re enter the 1 contact it it still didn't work. Very frustrating

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Thankful, but I have not had that problem, but I am sure there is someone that can help

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm having this same issue...but it only came about after a system reset. My contacts were working perfectly until I reset the phone. Now I have the same issue. Only way to have it identify people calling is to have the 1 in front of the saved number...and then I have to also save their number WITHOUT the 1 so it will identify them on a text. Wasn't that way before the reset.

Member #
    Ive had this problem for a while. Today I did a *228. Then waited several minutes and now it seems to be fixed.
    I originally added a 1 to everybody number than when I got a text it would only be area code and number , no name. I did the *228 option 1 and it seems to work fine now.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ditto.... just came on here to post the same thing. *228 fixed it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK... so the *228 seemed to fix the issue only temporarily. For whatever reason, a few hours later..all my contacts were gone. I ended up resetting the phone completely (erasing it) and restoring it up via Icloud instead of Itunes. It seems there's and issue with restoring from Itunes that causes the number format issue that we were having. The Icloud restore has been working fine for the last hour...we'll see.

Basically what I did-- backup your contacts to Icloud first, (I actually logged into Icloud on my computor to do this..not sure if that's needed... but I'm not real good with this stuff yet, so I wanted to verify my contacts were there)
    perform a master reset-- settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings>erase Iphone
    Go thru the normal setup stuff, when asked how to set up phone, select -Setup as new device
    when asked if you want to transfer info from Icloud to your phone select Yes and let it do it's thing.
    I still ended up having to dial *228 afterwards to get the phone functional... and then connected to Itunes to get my apps and such back.

Links