To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Member #

Iphone 4 lagging

Hello friends,
    From last week i have noticed that my iphone 4, 16gb is not running smoothly.
    Its very slow and hv lagging problem.
    How can i solve it?
    Does it cause of installing a lot of apps?

I have still 9gb free space in my phone.
    My ios ver is 5.0.1.

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by honestmuggle
    Hello friends,
    From last week i have noticed that my iphone 4, 16gb is not running smoothly.
    Its very slow and hv lagging problem.
    How can i solve it?
    Does it cause of installing a lot of apps?

I have still 9gb free space in my phone.
    My ios ver is 5.0.1.

Thank you
    Are you jailbroken? Either way, the best fix for this is to restore.

After restore, DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP. Restore and setup as new. Don't restore from iTunes nor an iCloud backup. If you do.....it's very likely whatever was causing the horrible you speak of will just get backed up too. Make sense?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by zig9449

Are you jailbroken? Either way, the best fix for this is to restore.

After restore, DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP. Restore and setup as new. Don't restore from iTunes nor an iCloud backup. If you do.....it's very likely whatever was causing the horrible you speak of will just get backed up too. Make sense?
    Ok fine...no i am not jailbroken.
    I will do restore without backup and lets see if it will work or not.
    By the way thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    104 times

Ok fine...no i am not jailbroken.
    I will do restore without backup and lets see if it will work or not.
    By the way thanks.
    It will work

As long as you setup as new.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Member #

It will work

As long as you setup as new.
    Thank you ! Its worked.
    I restore it completely and setup as new without any previous backup.

Member #
    Liked
    104 times

Thank you ! Its worked.
    I restore it completely and setup as new without any previous backup.
    Yup. Always does.lol

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    do you close all ur open apps by double tapping the home button

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by appleiphonepro
    do you close all ur open apps by double tapping the home button
    That has no effect on virtually "anything". And it is better to "not close apps". iOS will handle this better than anyone could.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

That has no effect on virtually "anything". And it is better to "not close apps". iOS will handle this better than anyone could.
    You should close your apps. Not only will you be using up your ram keeping the apps running but will also drain you battery a lot quicker. I even asked the genius team in the apple store and they said you should close them.

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by enots27

You should close your apps. Not only will you be using up your ram keeping the apps running but will also drain you battery a lot quicker. I even asked the genius team in the apple store and they said you should close them.
    Them guys don't know what there talking about then. Do me a favor (humor me). Go to google and type in "how iOS multitasking really works".

Quitting apps makes the phone do more work than it needs to. It's 100% pointless. I can name a bunch of websites that will state just that. Real developers, not just some Apple fan boy enthusiast.

I know more about the iPhone than most "Apple Genius's" and that's a bet I will gladly take any day, any time. Closing apps in the switcher for nothing but make it look cleaner, clears an extremely small amount of RAM, and has absolutely NO EFFECT on battery whatsoever. Do you research please.

And 99% of all apps cannot "run in the background". They are only paused in RAM.
    Last edited by zig9449; 02-13-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links