To register for an account, click here...
    Member #

Unable to Check for Update

When I go into settings/general/software update I get an error message that says "unable to check for update". Cancel or Try Again. Is anybody else getting this? Why am I getting this?

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    yeah i got it while connected to 3G. try doing it over wifi and if it doesn't work then maybe its not working yet

Member #
    The check for update worked on the earlier beta versions I had but it hasn't worked since I got the GM version.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    484 times
    They haven't turned it back on yet. There isn't a need. First thing they need to do is get everyone on iOS 5 first. Then they can worry about turning on WiFi updating. Plus they would need a patch, which I doubt they have ready yet.
    Facts are the first casualty of bad information.

Member #

Angry I'm getting the same error

I'm getting the same error. I got the notification of update once. But, then , i could not update at that point. I'm trying to check again and it gives me "Unable to check for update" again and again.
    Updating iOS sucks.... be it apps , be at OS update... every 15-30 days, i get about 80-100 app updates and when i tried to "update all", it always reports "not enough storage available" error. I deleted my backups, apps and ensured 5.6 GB is available. Still it complains with same error. I had to update the apps one by one and it takes about 8-16 hrs to complete all updates... I'm just sick of this update thing.

i tried to sell it and unable to find any buyers...
    I just can't rid of this ipad2!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    439 times
    Quote Originally Posted by general.in View Post
    I'm getting the same error. I got the notification of update once. But, then , i could not update at that point. I'm trying to check again and it gives me "Unable to check for update" again and again.Updating iOS sucks.... be it apps , be at OS update... every 15-30 days, i get about 80-100 app updates and when i tried to "update all", it always reports "not enough storage available" error. I deleted my backups, apps and ensured 5.6 GB is available. Still it complains with same error. I had to update the apps one by one and it takes about 8-16 hrs to complete all updates... I'm just sick of this update thing.i tried to sell it and unable to find any buyers...I just can't rid of this ipad2!!!
    Sounds like you really need to performa Fresh Restore via iTunes... then reinstall your apps. Seems as though you've picked up a glitch somewhere.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mine worked ok a few minutes ago. Connected on a strong secure WiFi spot, the download took only a couple of minutes with total d/l and install 15 min. I kinda like not having to hook up to the PC and mess about.

It will be nice to have photo-stream back on.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links