To register for an account, click here...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Problem unlocking i-Phone 4

I am in Bermuda and had a friend send me an i-phone 4 from the US which is locked to AT&T and has not been activated. I ordered the Rebel Pro Micro SIM Card from England and installed it according to their instructions but it still doesn't work. At the moment I cannot access the phone(which includes not knowing which firmware) but for the IMEI number and emergency calls. It seems that I need to access the settings on the phone to do any kind of unlock. Does anyone know how I might get this phone up and running?

Administrator
    Game Center ID
    Unleashed83
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    there is no unlock software for your baseband the only options is to use gevey sim
    iPhone 5s 64GB Space Grey (Factory Unlocked)
    iPhone 5c 32GB Blue (Factory Unlocked)
    iPhone 5 64GB White (Factory Unlocked)

iPhone 4 32GB Black (Factory Unlocked)

iPad Air 128GB WiFi + 4G

Firmware: What ever the latest one is: 7.XX

Unleashed@iphoneforums.net

Forum Rules

Member #

i-Phone unlock problem

That is disappointing considering I have spent almost $200 for the Rebel SIM (which included a programmer). I have seen several companies on the net offering a factory unlock. You just provide your IMEI number and after a couple of days they tell you to connect to i-Tunes and the phone is supposed to work. Is this a scam?

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rijack57 View Post
    That is disappointing considering I have spent almost $200 for the Rebel SIM (which included a programmer). I have seen several companies on the net offering a factory unlock. You just provide your IMEI number and after a couple of days they tell you to connect to i-Tunes and the phone is supposed to work. Is this a scam?
    Most of the time yes, scaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #

Smile

I am in Bermuda and had a friend send me an i-phone 4 from the US which is locked to AT&T and has not been activated. I ordered the Rebel Pro Micro SIM Card from England and installed it according to their instructions but it still doesn't work. At the moment I cannot access the phone(which includes not knowing which firmware) but for the IMEI number and emergency calls. It seems that I need to access the settings on the phone to do any kind of unlock. Does anyone know how I might get this phone up and running?
    Hi sir the reason why this isnt working for you is because you have not yet activated the mobile phone with your original network provider. for example before using the RebelSimCard if the iphone was o2 it will need an o2 sim card and needs to be activated through itunes and then will work after following the instruction guide which can be downloaded from our website (RebelsimCard.com and our download page)

thanks if you are still experiencing issues then please call us from our contact us page on our website we will be more than happy to help

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed View Post
    there is no unlock software for your baseband the only options is to use gevey sim
    Rebel Sim support the latest baseband and the latest firmware

please check out our website and see our compatibility list

Member #
    I am unable to activate the phone with the original carrier (AT&T) as it was sent to me, in Bermuda, and I understand it cannot be done outside the US. When connected to iTunes it asks for a valid SIM card be inserted

Member #
    Hi,

I have a same iPhone 4 from AT&T. I bought a Rebel SIM to it too. The Rebel Team did inform me about this needed (Activation card). They are not strong in support!
    But there is a solution:
    You need to update your iphone 4 with costume firmware with TinyUmbrella preserve your baseband and with hacktivated.
    I did this and my iPhone 4 and Rebel SIM are working well and at now I can use my iPhone 4 as a real phone If you need help, do not hesitate to contact me.

With this you do not need to spend more many for the activation card FROM REBEL TEAM!!!. What you can not fitt into your iPhone what I could not fitt the Rebel SIM into my iPhone first time without small mechanic modification. Right Rebel Team?!
    Last edited by CyberHitchhiker; 06-17-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Member #

More info on Tiny Umbrella and hacktivated

As I am a newbie I wondered if you would be able to give me step by step instructions on how to activate my iPhone 4 using tiny umbrella and hacktivated? Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    As I am a newbie I wondered if you would be able to give me step by step instructions on how to activate my iPhone 4 using tiny umbrella and hacktivated? Thank you.
    You don't use tinyUmbrella to activate your phone, instead you will use ultrasnow from cydia to activate your phone but it will all depend on the baseband on your phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links