To register for an account, click here...

Thread: Help please

Member #

Help please

Hi i live in the UK i currently have my first Iphone 4 but it's Locked to the Three Network, is there any way for me to unlock this for free and switch to a provider i prefer, when i brought the phone i was told it was sim unlocked but it wasn't i am running iOS5.1 but i'm more of a windows user than a mac user so finding my way around is confusing lol but any help would be appreciated thanks

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    I am no unlocker, but I am pretty sure that there is no software unlock for 5.1 (unless you updated to 5.1 thruogh a custom IPSW, and the previous BB was unlockable).

But I also heard in UK that you can pay for factory unlocks. Sorry I'm not of more help
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Member #
    it was updated to 5.1 by a friend and factory resests cost 80 already spent 150 buying the phone lol

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flammablesbad
    it was updated to 5.1 by a friend and factory resests cost 80 already spent 150 buying the phone lol
    I don't think you have a choice mate if you want it unlocked. Your friend should not have updated it to 5.1.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) iOS 5.1.1-(Absinthe 2.0)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1-(redsn0w 0.9.11b4)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Toshiba Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Compaq Laptop Windows 7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Member #
    but if its been updated surely i can roll back to an Older version of the OS to unlock it no?

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flammablesbad View Post
    but if its been updated surely i can roll back to an Older version of the OS to unlock it no?
    No..............Sorry. While you can downgrade (only if you have SHSH blobs) the baseband cannot be downgraded. He should have updated to 5.1 with a custom IPSW. What kind of custom IPSW............Any kind of custom IPSW. Any tool that makes custom IPSW's preserve the baseband.

Member #
    I am new to this forums/.........

Member #
    Can you please tell me what your baseband is?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    986 times
    this is an old thread-closed.
    If you can stay calm while all around you is chaos then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

iPhoneforums Administrator.
    iPadforums Moderator.
    Appleforums Moderator

If any advice given by a member or a moderator helped with your problem let us know, It may help others.

Links